Chinese-Forums

[HSK6] Flashcards for 《HSK标准教程 6上 / 6下》 published by Beijing Language and Culture University Press (Categorized by Chapter)

Weyland

< This thread is a direct copy from the one over at Pleco Forums, felt it worth posting it here as well >

1917326878_HSK6books.thumb.jpg.36691808570a25341fc63b0d2e675f75.jpg

Contents 

This is a collection of 2679 flashcards, which includes all of the HSK6 vocabulary presented in the HSK6 materials published by BLCU. Quite a lot of students use this book, as well as being the study material for the Chinese Zero to Hero HSK6 course's 闪卡 (to help replace their awful rendition/system on Quizlet). It's categorized by 生词; the wordlist accompanying the text, and 剩余词汇; the additional words at the beginning and end of the chapters.

--

Some comments

I had some issues exporting the flashcards. Because in the statistics on my PC's Pleco (supported through Bluestacks emulator) it said the contents had 2733 cards, yet my phone says it only has 2679 cards. I've compared all the categories and there doesn't seem to be any missing flashcards. Exporting with an XML extension seems to mess up the organization of the list and the more cards you try to export the more mistakes/omissions it seems to make. Exporting with the .txt extension seems fine, other for that weird difference in card statistics.

Also; Sometimes cards were duplicated within categories, but this seems to resolve itself once you mess with the [Cart Sort Order]

I might update this in the future by including the words/characters that are used in the problem sets of the book, like in the example sentences, but which aren't part of any list of even part of the HSK test as a whole.

--- For Google Analytics / Search Parameters ---

《HSK标准教程 6上》

标准教程 Standard Course HSK6 A 上

ISBN-10: 7561942540

ISBN-13: 978-7561942543

Beijing Language and Culture University Press

北京语言大学出版社

孔子学院总部

国家汉办

Confucius Insititute Headquarters (Hanban)

《HSK标准教程 6下》

标准教程 Standard Course HSK6 B 下

ISBN-10: 7561947798

ISBN-13: 978-7561947791

《HSK标准教程 6上下》.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aren't there some valid copyright concerns, both legal and ethical, posting the entire text of a published work? This is especially so when the ISBN number and such are also posted so this gets picked up on a Google search. Sort of turns the forum into a dropbox for purloined files. Sometimes sites that do this become unavailable in the Mainland.

• Good question! 1

4 hours ago, 889 said:

Aren't there some valid copyright concerns, both legal and ethical, posting the entire text of a published work?

There are, but this is not the entire text of a published work, it is a list of unique words that appear in the text, and word lists are not generally copyrightable.

• Like 1

The book appears to be a typical textbook (here's a sample from blcu's own page).

I can't answer your question about how the flashcards were created, but they are without definitions, and are in the format `simplified[traditional] pin1yin1`, and while I'm not a lawyer, I don't think there is any copyright concern (legal or ethical) from a list of words with pinyin and no definitions.

If it was the actual contents of copyrighted learning material, then we would remove it, as the forums has a long-standing policy against such postings.