Chinese-Forums

Didi driver falling asleep — how to report or blacklist?

mungouk

So this has just happened to me for the third time in about a month: my didi driver was extremely tired and falling asleep while driving.

Needless to say this was pretty nerve-wracking, trying to keep a line of sight with his rear-view mirror to check his eyes were still open and preparing to shout something if necessary...

There doesn't seem to be any way to report the driver for bad driving though... if you give them only 1 star (I didn't try giving zero stars) the app just presents you with the following set of reasons: (click to enlarge)

IMG_4156.thumb.PNG.b6830c9eae2794ad4c9ec2340d003bc7.PNG

Which, if I've understood correctly mean:

Route not familiar                   Service attitude disgusting (!)

Vehicle damage                        Inside vehicle bad smell

License plate didn’t match      Driver smoking

What do other folks do?  This actually happened to me two days in a row a few weeks back.

The last time I did this a colleague helped me give the feedback and asked if I wanted to black-list the driver, but I didn't see an option for this today.

I'm using the Didi mini-program that's built into WeChat.

I'm not the most talkative of souls in taxis, but that would inspire some pretty aggressive conversation making on my part. Perhaps even a song. 

31 minutes ago, mungouk said:

Service attitude disgusting (!)

恶劣 here is probably better 'poor quality' - perhaps best translated as 'poor service / attitude'

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

14 minutes ago, roddy said:

恶劣 here is probably better 'poor quality' -

Yeah, I OCR'd it in Pleco and it came up with "odious; abominable; disgusting"

It certainly would be a strong incentive to keep the driver talking, if only my listening skills were up to scratch...

42 minutes ago, 889 said:

No matter where you are, you stop and get out of the car!

Well, the time before last I was on the expressway from Hangzhou airport heading for a hotel at midnight on a Sunday... 

Presumably you're going to wake the driver up to stop, at which point you're safer proceeding to somewhere safe to get out. A random point on an expressway is probably not safe. 

Got to say though, three times in a month... sure you're not boring them to sleep with your chat?

8 minutes ago, roddy said:

sure you're not boring them to sleep with your chat?

Haha, if only I were so fluent. Thanks Roddy.

This used to happen to me occasionally in Singapore, booking Taxi drivers who are also using Grab (like Didi/Uber in SE Asia).  Presumably the taxi firms monitor driving hours, but if you're also taking bookings through an APP then all bets are off.

My coping strategy is to constantly monitor the situation and decide whether I want to get them to stop and let me out or not.  So far I never have. At least in SG I could strike up a conversation in English.

A couple of times here I have left the Didi with 你应该睡觉! ...but I've no idea if this is hitting the mark.

So, back to the question (I've updated the topic): is there any way to report the driver and/or black-list them?

No, but I did on a bus roaring at top speed down a very dangerous mountain pass, not in China. The driver wasn't sleeping: if anything he was too wide awake, no doubt with some chemical assistance.

And at least a couple of times in China I've gotten off those inter-city buses that leave the station right on the dot, then spend an hour trolling the city for passengers.

19 minutes ago, mungouk said:

Out of interest, did you ever stop a Didi/Uber/Taxi and get out? 

I did once, I was helping a woman from Somalia I'd met lost in a train station who'd come for the UN World Women's Conference in '95, driver tried giving us a real runaround, we got out, he got arsey during the argument and pulled hammer on me :D! Welcome to China, Mrs!

13 hours ago, mungouk said:

What do other folks do?  This actually happened to me two days in a row a few weeks back.

Another good reason for riding up front in the jump seat. I talk to the driver and if necessary, punch him on the upper arm. 

7 hours ago, abcdefg said:

Another good reason for riding up front in the jump seat.

A female friend was once felt up by the driver while sitting in the jump seat. I once got a driver who started to remark how beautiful I was. After that I stopped riding in the front seat. In the back seat you can still be kidnapped & raped, but at least you're a little harder to reach during the drive. But I suppose for men, riding in the jump seat can be a good idea.

As to the Didi driver: I suppose one could categorise this as 恶劣的服务, since making the passenger feel safe is a pretty basic requirement of good 服务. Can you add remarks to as why exactly the 服务 was 恶劣?

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Come on... it's written there as (服务)态度恶劣, not 服务恶劣. 

恶劣 is only to be used on things performed or done by a real living creature. 态度很恶劣,恶劣的行径

Service is NOT ALIVE.

FOR GIRLS/LADIES, ALWAYS take a photo of the car's number place AND check if it matches on your app. 

If you can, send it to a friend or call (or pretend you're calling your friend).

There's more than one life killed by cruel drivers. 

Try using the Didi app rather than the mini app within wechat. I’m fairly sure I’ve written comments before... can’t be 100% sure it was within didi though. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a terrible driver

I take Didi twice a day daily. I've experienced this a couple of times, one of which was also from Hangzhou airport on a Sunday night! I try to talk to them, and I open all the windows in the back to keep a nice breeze. The colder the air the better! If they comment on it being cold, I just make it clear that they look tired. 

7 minutes ago, Vincent666 said:

Foreigners can't use Didi anymore. You need a Chinese ID for the app.

Do you mean new sign-ups can't use it, or all foreigners? I don't have a problem using it at all.