Chinese-Forums

Didi driver falling asleep — how to report or blacklist?

mungouk

21 hours ago, 乐正卿 said:

FOR GIRLS/LADIES, ALWAYS take a photo of the car's number place AND check if it matches on your app.

FOR GUYS/GENTLEMEN: make sure you don't hit on a woman who is sitting in a car you are driving. Do not touch them, but also do not chat them up (because then the woman will be afraid your next step will be touching her). Do not ask their address or their work address or whether they have a boyfriend. Do not compliment their body or their looks in general. Not all women will feel threatened by every one of these actions, but you don't know which one will, so just don't. Just talk about the weather or the traffic, or don't talk at all.

Why do I write all this: because it is not on women to stop rapes and if a woman is harrassed, it is not her fault for not photographing the license place. Women don't rape themselves, not in taxis not anywhere else. If sexual harrassment and rape are to stop, it is men (and other perpetrators) who need to stop doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 889 said:

Nothing in this thread called for it.

See my post, I quoted the bit that called for it.

I guess it can read as insulting for men who already know and implement the things I wrote? I suppose I assumed those men would just nod and go Well duh, and skip the post. And I see my last sentence reads not entirely how I intend it, I'll remove a 'the' and see if that helps.

So tell me, how do we know how to "duh, skip the post" unless we read it first. Duh.

If you think you were put on this earth to lecture men on their behaviour, please head over to someplace like The Guardian where you'll feel right at home.

But keep that stuff out of here.

• Like 1

I can see why capitalising LADIES / GIRLS then giving safety advice would elicit Lu’s response. I also find it a bit odd to phrase it like that. Just give safety advice and leave gender out of it. I’ve felt f€$@ing scared taking black cabs alone at 3am from provincial airports and stations. Luckily only had to do it a couple of times but always seemed so sketchy. Didi didn’t exist then and likely not too many around at those sort of times. 

Actually, Didi already has a safety feature in place where you can have the app automatically text a friend or family member every time you take a car. They can use the link to track your journey, call the driver, call didi and report a problem. My wife and I both have the feature activated. It also means you can just see when whoever is expected to arrive so don’t need to ask all the time ? 

Checking the licence plate... how else do you find the car you’ve booked? 

4 hours ago, Lu said:

it is not on women to stop rapes and if a woman is harrassed, it is not her fault for not photographing the license place. Women don't rape themselves, not in taxis not anywhere else. If sexual harrassment and rape are to stop, it is men (and other perpetrators) who need to stop doing it.

Off topic, but I've never understood this rationale. Yes, the perpetrators of any crime should not be perpetrating it. But by your argument, would you walk down the road with a wad of cash sticking out of your back pocket because it is not on you to stop pickpocketing? No one should be blamed for being the victim of a crime, but in the real world where crime happens whether you like it or not, taking precautions against it seems like common sense to me.

I can use DiDi but not for their 顺风车 service, which is the bit I wanted it for mainly, due to no Chinese ID. Changes came in after a notorious murder a year or so back. One of the reasons I'm hoping the virtual ID number scheme for foreigners I've seen mentioned materialises.

There  is a big gap between hitting on a girl and raping her Lu. I think most guys have that worked out.

Also I don't know how many Western didi drivers in China you have on this forum . I presume anyone here driving a girl home actually knows her.

The thread is about how to report a driver not offering safety advice. 

i don't use didi, just normal taxis. I sat in the back today, driver was a woman, she did not hit on me or try to feel my up, nor did i on her. I said my destination in what felt like natural putonghua. She said simply "hao de". No clarification, no compliment on my Chinese, no questions about my home/work address or relationship status. No yawning ir dozing off. It was the makings of a fine morning.

• Like 1