Chinese-Forums

Montréal, Canada : Looking for people to study with !

Aikesi

Dear all,

I am a french guy living in Montréal looking for people to study (practice 汉字) with.

I usually practice weekly with a chinese friend in a 2 hours meeting setup; 1h practicing french, 1h chinese. 

I'd like to find someone to practice character together, encourage one another and share cool moment around the theme of Chinese culture and language. I love beer and cooking, we can mix things up ?. You can MP me of respond here!

This thread can also be used for people looking for the same kinda chilling group practice. Here's a template I propose (please don't hesitate to use your own) :

If it get's few responses, I'd try and change the title for something more inclusive of different places !

• LOOKING FROM : name of your place
  • INTERSTED IN PRACTICING : whatever you want
  • ABOUT ME : French guy; lived in 北京 3 years; I love cooking, cycling and highlining (alpine slackline kinda)

Merci, salut!

I was drawn to this post becuase I was born in Montreal. I am now in the UK so I can't really join your study group but felt I just had to say hello to a fellow Montrealer.

How is the city these days? Our family left in 1974 because of the troubles.

I remember lots of things with fondness, but always enjoyed Expo 67, later Man and his World, I understand it it is now deserted. I took one of first rides on the Metro at our local station and would often go downtown to shop in the underground shopping malls.

Ah those were the days:)