Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

∞保罗∞

The 2020 Aims and Objectives Progress Topic

oceancalligraphy

June went by really fast! I finished grouping/chunking the seal script radicals. It was actually a really good exercise, since I had look at each one and consider other radicals to group. I'm becoming more familiar with the radicals, so I think I'm going down the right path.

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Singe

Well, I've really blown it now. I just enrolled on a 300-level paper at Massey University here in NZ, 'Translation From and Into Chinese'. Work (unrelated) has been really busy and I nearly missed the cut-off date for Semester 2 and a huge part of me was hoping I wouldn't be accepted onto this level paper as it's just over 20 years since I last did a paper. Anyway, I just got the e-mail saying my application has been accepted - bugger! Seriously, during lockdown I thoroughly enjoyed spending time getting back into the Chinese and enrolling on a paper is a way of making sure I keep it up. I'm not a quitter so I know it will serve a really important purpose. One final comment - there's some real superstars on this site who freely give advice etc - one of my go-to sites every morning before going to work. Well done all!

• Like 1

mungouk
2 hours ago, Singe said:

I just enrolled on a 300-level paper at Massey University here in NZ

Do they allow anyone to enrol on individual "papers" (aka modules) at Massey? 

Are these by distance learning or do you have F2F classes?

Singe
6 hours ago, mungouk said:

Do they allow anyone to enrol on individual "papers" (aka modules) at Massey? 

Are these by distance learning or do you have F2F classes?

I'm doing this as an individual paper/module, so there's no problem there. Also, I'm doing it entirely from distance - I could have done either F2F or distance as below;

https://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/learning/programme-course/course.cfm?course_code=241305

The only issue is that you have to show evidence to be eligible to enrol in the first place as per below (being a non New Zealander isn't a problem but the costs for overseas students start to get prohibitive). This was relatively easy for me as I have a previous degree through Massey.

https://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/admission/enrolment/entry-requirements/entry-requirements_home.cfm

• Like 1