Chinese-Forums

METHOD HAVING ORAL DRILLS

CARLOSBCN

• New Members

Hi,

When i learnt english i used one method having oral drills in which the audio was asking a question, you had a time space to answer it and later the audio was answering the correct reply,  so that you could improve your pronounciation and comprehension skills very quickly with the correct pronounciation. Does anybody know if there is any chinese learning method having similar oral drills to these described namely with exercises having questions, a time to reply and with the audio with the correct answer behind ?. Thank you very much for your answer in advanced.

• New Members

Hi dàkuàitóu, thank you for your kind answer. It looks really quite interesting to me, its actually what I was looking for precisely. Is it a computer system only or does it has some physical support such as text books or exercise books or papers for each level as well, character training learning etc. It seems hanzi characters are just  being studied from the level 5 which was a bit surprising. As it's not cheap, I just wanted to clarify what you get when you buy it. I made the free trial lessons but it seems all PC supported despite it is focusing precisely on the pronounciation drills, which is exactly what i am mainly aiming. I have already asked Pimsleur but if you know you get, your advise and information (experience with it) will be really wellcome. Thank you very much for your kind attention in any case.

FSI Chinese https://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/FSI/fsi-chinese-mandarin.html

Lots of drills, and it's in the public domain. (Absolutely no internet vocabulary, since it's not a recent course.)

No hanzi in the official textbook, but I think some people have typed the lessons up, some googling might find that.

• New Members

Edelweis : thank you for your kind reply, I will check this method you are proposing as I did not know it.

大块头 :  thank you very much. The free lesson i checked seems to be really good for improving chinese pronounciation skills in the way I actually feel more comfortable (apart of struggling with the natives to exchange just few words... which makes not much sense at my actual level, unless being some kind of language exchange in which boths parts can benefit). I will check how i can get this Pimsleur method... Paralelly I am using other methods and books to improve the characters reading and writing , as well as the listening comprehension. Your kind guidance about which method to use to improve the pronounciation and specially the spoken tones, has been really most wellcome, as I really do not have the capacity to study and keep in mind the tone of each single hanzi character within a sentence, to pronounce the sentence later correctly when talking to the chinese...Only by an extensive number of repeating oral drills I think I can cope with that difficulty.