Chinese-Forums

Why is it that Chinese people seem to jump ahead of you the moment they see you in a queue?

Marvoll1

2 hours ago, abcdefg said:

It was a matter of pride never to give what was initially asked

I love that. I remember my friend bargaining down something for 5rmb. They only wanted to pay 3rmb and the boss wouldn’t go that low. In the end they didn’t buy it. 

But actually we really needed it ?

I’d just be like “5rmb is 5rmb. It’s the price”. I hate haggling over stuff. 

As for cutting in line again, I don’t think it’s just because you’re a foreigner but it could be that sometimes. I think any kind of scrum described by ABCDEFG above is fair game. It is an art to gradually manoeuvre  yourself in front of someone else ?

About six years ago, I was at an international sports event in GZ. I left slightly early to catch my direct train back to HK (seat booked) also knowing it would be difficult to get a taxi with the mad rush of leavers about to start.

I got my taxi fairly quickly. After I closed the door, it reopened. What was going on? A lady peered in and started speaking to me in Mandarin - I only knew English and Cantonese those days. I recognised her as one of the reporters at the event. Fortunately, the taxi driver translated for me. She had asked if I could get out and let her have the taxi as she was in a rush.....

From her manner, she was quite polite about it. Unfortunately, my station was a different one to hers.