Chinese-Forums

►StandardMandarin(.)com◄ an app/website that teaches you non-standard Mandarin for only $39.99!

Weyland

►StandardMandarin(.)com◄ an app/website that teaches you non-standard Mandarin for only $39.99!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think did the voice-over for StandardMandarin.com?

• A Foreigner
    • A Taiwanese
    • An Overseas Chinese
    • A Mainlander with an accent

Can we start pointing out bad Chinese study materials/content on this forum when we encounter it? Especially when people ask money for it? I understand this Forum has a policy against posting PDFs of study material, but what about content such as provided by "StandardMandarin" which can be bought for 39.99?

Moderators, if you think I'm being too tied-up on the "Standard" part of what the app promises, then please delete this post. But, in my opinion, if you promise your product teaches "Standard Chinese/Mandarin" then the least you could do is get someone with PSC qualifications to do the voice-over.

Also, for an actual app to practice your pronunciation check out "普通话学习“ ► Link to forum post.

• 3 weeks later...