Chinese-Forums

what does 臭猪猪 mean?

jun0001

• New Members

I've seen this word mostly in games/forums, internet slang etc. I want to know if it's bad if someone says this to you? Or is it one of the simple humor words said jokingly among friends? I know that just 猪 is supposed to mean 'stupid', so does the meaning change when smelly is added? Thank you in advance. 

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

ok, the "臭猪猪", is a tricky one.

1. could be a nickname between lovers, to man generally;

2. 臭 means smelly or stinky,normally, but between lovers, it a cute calling, like in English been call bad, slutty to girl. 猪猪, is put pig twice, just like the word piggy,make the work 猪 cute, like u guys call Taylor Swift, TayTay. for instance, "臭老公",means smelly husband in words, but in fact, it means my love.

3. there are many animals been used in Chinese between lovers, such as xx猪(小猪)Pig、xx熊(小熊)bear、xx兔bunny、老鼠(小老鼠)mouse、海豹seal、老虎tiger etc. Normally, because these animals looks chubby and cute.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really adding anything that anybody hasn't already said except to say that this is one of my girlfriend's pet names for me, so it can definitely be quite playful. That said, she also calls me shǎ bī which some Chinese people have reacted quite strongly to hearing, so I advise caution if you ever plan on employing these terms.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zander1 said:
12 hours ago, NinKenDo said:

so I advise caution if you ever plan on employing these terms.

I mean there's quite the distinction between calling someone a 'smelly pig' and a 'stupid C**t' ?

Maybe, and yet both are used as affectionate digs by my partner, I assume because she's from a city that's generally regarded as very rough, the term isn't as shocking to her. But if a woman was learning Chinese, heard my girlfriend use it, and then decided to try it on their partner, they might get a very bad reaction. So the point stands about being conservative about using these terms.