Chinese-Forums

Virus words you can't do without -- Virusbuster lingo

abcdefg

Don't think I've been this on here yet:

绿码 - green code (health code) 

If you're in China and wanted to get the metro, get into public places like hospitals or offices, you need to show them your green code/health code. You can find it on Alipay in case anyone is wondering. 

An interesting phrase, 佛系抗疫, has been used in recent days to describe the UK's anti-virus strategy. As most of you can probably guess, 佛系 is a Buddhist concept which basically means to not resist things, and to just accept things as they are without either positive or negative emotions. Not quite an accurate description of the UK's strategy, but it is a widely held perception her

佛系 can also be used in other contexts, for example 佛系妈妈, which describes a type of mother who gives her children lots of freedom and just kind of goes with the flow, rather than heaping lots of pressure and expectations onto them (so kind of the opposite of a "tiger mum")

• Like 3

临床证据 clinical evidence

后遗症 after-effects (originally in medical use, though often used figuratively; but I think this is the first time I've seen it in mainstream news media where the literal meaning outweighs the figurative)

11 hours ago, mackie1402 said:

绿码 - green code (health code) 

If you're in China and wanted to get the metro, get into public places like hospitals or offices, you need to show them your green code/health code. You can find it on Alipay in case anyone is wondering. 

Do you know if it's also on 微信 Weixin? I haven't been in the habit of using Alipay. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jim said:

Specifically Hubei being helped though, the 鄂 character https://www.zdic.net/hans/鄂

Weird that I forgot to put that in - too busy trying to come up with what Anglophone media would call it. It was actually that 援X structure that piqued my interest.