Chinese-Forums

Online address registration

Kherith

Hello,

So basically I did not go to my local police station to update my living address after I moved to a new place in July 2019. And now I'm stuck in France and I have no idea when I can go back to China so I would like to set this up asap. I'm pretty sure there is now a website to do my online registration but I can't find it with Google... Anyone knows this website ? Thanks.

Here's the page for registering in Shanghai:

https://crjzndg.gaj.sh.gov.cn/24hr/web/zcbd/login?

I don't know where you got the idea that there's a single universal online registration page for all of China. So far as I know, it's a local process.

Besides, I'd have real doubts whether you could do a retroactive registration online. Not to mention you're not in China.

If you’re not even in China does this even matter right now? 

Also, so you’re saying you have essentially been unregistered since July 2019?? That’s a long time. Even if you’ve been registered at a different address, once your contract runs out at that address it will show that in their records. Then, when and if you do go and register they’ll likely see your current contract is from July 2019 and ask you why you haven’t been registered since then.

It might be a big deal. I’ve know people get a written warning for going two weeks late. 

I'm still registered at my previous address. Yes I got a written warning too in 2017 for not registering at all for 1 year. At that time, I didn't even know I had to register lol. It was in Wuhan though, I am in Fuzhou now. 

Basically the local police station is just a small office which is opened 3 mornings a week only. I went twice but it was closed (first time I didnt know the opening hours, second time I went on the wrong day lol), and then I basically just postponed and forgot.

I guess I will have a fine, I don't know what else I could have.