Chinese-Forums

Moving in China

mijachin

Im living currently in usa but im thinking about moving to china to extend my learning and prepare myself for the future trade and economic boom that will be realized in china(as i've analized and many others said). I asked one of my friends and they told me that i could find a teaching job around the municipality of Beijing while i find and settle down with the language and people. I've been here in the USA for 5 years graduated from high school in 2004. My native language is Spanish i can write it well and speak it fluently. I've also become fluent in english as my second language but also i can speak and read portuguese and italian very easily. So i'd like you all opinion about my options for getting a job and making money over there in china. I know its a very competitive country and wont be easy so i'd like ur help on some ideas to get along in such a crowded country.

Also if you all have any ideas about if when checking in with a L tourist visa do they check your return tickets when you get to china?..i mean in customs do they check that?..cause im thinking if i could change my visa status once im there....did same thing over here...if anyone have some ideas or answers plz reply.

Thank you

The return ticket issue is an airline poilcy and not an entry requirement. Some airlines refuse to fly passengers unless they have onward travel, just in case the passenger is refused entry and the airline is forced to repatriate the passenger at their cost. So some airlines have onward ticket policy so that they are no lumped with the repatriation cost.

Having no demonstrated onward travel will not affect your entry into China.

just in case the passenger is refused entry and the airline is forced to repatriate the passenger at their cost
Is that really the case? When I flew Cathay, I heard the same story, but when recently talking to somebody working at Lufthansa, I was told that there was in fact no requirement for carriers to repatriate people at their cost.

It depends on laws of the country where the passenger is refused entry.

Some countries also fine airlines where arriving passengers do not have a valid visa etc. These laws were introduced to prevent situations like that which occured in Heathrow in past decades where passengers were living at airports as they could not get entry and did not have enough money to fly out.