Chinese-Forums

Wechat sound files

Flickserve

Wechat saves sound files into amr in my samsung phone.

I am able to find the files and transfer them but cannot open them in my PC (audacity, audition, WMP), nor do the online convertors from amr to MP3 work.

Any ideas on what's going on/wrong?

Somehow the software cannot decode the file.

I just realised it's a right pain to find the exact sound file so i am not exactly sure if it's the correct file.

Here's a file from today.

Thanks in advance

msg_2215530414201a86159235d102.amr

2 minutes ago, mungouk said:

If you "share" it from WeChat (as opposed to using an Android File Manager thing) does it get saved in a different format?

I also tried emailing it to myself and it is an .amr file

6 minutes ago, mungouk said:

that audio format is SILK_V3 if you want to search for converters.

Thanks

i tried but no success.

I think I will give up the project. After a search around, it looks quite difficult and possibly not worth the effort

I am not sure if you do this to share your own recordings with others but this is how I do it with my Xiaomi Note 3.

I record myself speaking English with an audio recorder that comes with the device and then save it to WeChat Favourites by tapping ‘分享此錄音’ and selecting ‘WeChat Favourites’. When you finish this, you can go to your WeChat Favourites and send the audio file (your recording) to your PC through File Transfer (文件傳輸) or to any of your contacts. One thing worth mentioning is that if you want to send the file to your PC, you need to log in to your WeChat either through its website or a PC client while you are logged in on your mobile.

BTW, the audio recorder on Xiaomi Note 3 makes recordings in the format of mp3. 

• Helpful 1