Chinese-Forums

Clothing sizes e.g. 175/84A

Mijin

Has anyone found a good link for what the chinese clothing sizes actually mean?
It's a strangely hard thing to google; there are millions of sites with some kind of conversion table to western sizes, but none that I could find that actually state what the two numbers in a Chinese size are supposed to relate to.

I don't want to convert to anything, because these numbers could be potentially more information than Western size "M" say, as the two numbers are somewhat independent.

Ah, figured it out myself. Not by finding a good link, but just from comparing many items on Taobao that actually state the body measurements along with the chinese size.

So...the first number is the overall height of the person, in cm. The second is the circumference of the person, and it's context-specific. It is typically waist or bust/chest circumference (in cm).

So a pair of trousers I have that are 175 / 84A means they were intended for someone 175cm tall (5' 9) and with 84cm waist (33 inch)
Whereas a jacket I have that says 180 / 100A means 180cm tall (5' 11) and 100cm around the chest (39 inch)

It only took me 6 years living in China to finally try to figure this out ?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• 2 years later...