Chinese-Forums

Do these two texts make sense?

margtom

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if these texts make sense. I have been studying so many years but I still cannot write the way Chinese do. 

课文分析如果孩子是不是’‘小皇帝‘’。在中国,有些人认为孩子是最辛苦的人,但是其他人对孩子叫做‘小皇帝’。 许多父母都要给孩子找一所好一点的学校,但是大多是孩子得走很远去上学。小学生不想早早起床赶路,所以他们选择在附近学习学校上学 。 国家规定  小学一年级不留书面作业, 学生年龄越大,作业越多。但是这个规定做的学校不那么容易找到,于是那些小学生必须走很远去上学。上课的时候小学生不敢调皮上课的时候小学生不敢调皮,专心听课。 而且,据调查,小学生书包的重量相当于体重的四分之一。有些学生的书包达到51作业本。
这个辛苦地学习有一个很重要的目的,应付考试与升学。现在全国有70%的省市取消了小学生升中学的考试,减轻负担。有的地方实行推荐入学如果各方面全面发展,或在文艺、体育等方面有特长。
一些特长是钢琴、电脑、外语、游泳。中国的小学生没有时间去节日和假期了。

我觉得中国的学校规定很正义,但是如果孩子没有时间去节日和假期,这是不公平。他们有很重的书包,很多辅导班。 放学的时候他们应该回家放松,玩游戏,去儿童乐园。然而,我同意孩子应该专心听课。会训练他们, 就是应付考试与升学。而且,有特长项目很重要和有用。但是如果孩子不欣赏这个特长项目,变成不有用。

教学就是要激发人们去学习,但如果孩子不为教学所驱使 于是上学是无可救药。

• Good question! 1

• 4 weeks later...

My revision to the first paragraph

课文分析了孩子是不是“小皇帝”的问题。 在中国, 有些人认为孩子很辛苦, 但也有人称孩子做“小皇帝”。 许多父母都想给孩子找一所好一点的学校。 因为大多数孩子都要走很远的路去上学, 他们都不想早早起床赶路, 所以他们会选择在附近的学校上学。 国家规定小学一年级不能留书面作业。学生岁数越大,作业也会越多。但是遵从这个规定的学校并不多。上课的时候小学生不敢调皮,都很专心听课。 据调查, 小学生的书包重量有他们体重的四分之一那么重。 有些学上的书包里甚至放了51本作业本之多。

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Zhenxing Lu said:

May I know how to mention other people in the post jus you did (you mentioned me in last post)?

You type @ and then start typing a name.

If you want to quote someone (like I just did with you): select the text you want to quote. A small box with 'Quote selection' appears; click that. Make sure you only quote the text you need, don't quote entire posts.

I can fully understand both texts, but I also have little grip on how to write like an authentic Chinese. 

I think all you can do is continue reading voluminously, and also find someone to tutor your writing. This might be a good way to make use of an online tutor, to have them give you writing assignments and go over them with you to change the parts that are weird sounding to them. 

Conversely I have never met a Chinese person who can pass for a native speaker/writer of English, even high ranking professionals. So don''t be discouraged! It's hard.