Chinese-Forums

HSK online test "at home edition" 居家网考 May-June 2020 (COVID special)

mungouk

2 minutes ago, mungouk said:

There are 3 voices — 2 women and a man. 

Don't they always arrange it so that the same woman asks the question, and she's never the last one to speak in the "dialogue"?

I think the 2 women sound the same!!

no wonder i'm no good with listening skills!!

have you managed to get Ms Chen on sykpe?

I tried typing in the phone number, but doesn't bring any one up

and typing her name in bringing up hundreds and can't see anything that looks like the right one?

@mungouk

36 minutes ago, mungouk said:

TaxiAsh  I will send her full Skype ID to you in a private message.

brilliant thanks pal!

I just had a go with Exam client and it works ok.

I signed in and the mock test started so I did it! (i clicked on hsk1 200/200, so hope I can replicate that!

Much clearer audio than the practice ones!

found her thanks!

I wonder if others got the email with the incorrect number!

hopefully others in here will see it

did you say you can have 2 goes at the mocks?

I might set up exam client on my laptop and try again for hsk2 test.

this is also a back up because my computer is being a bit slow lately! i don't want it to crash on the day!!

43 minutes ago, TaxiAsh said:

Much clearer audio than the practice ones!

Some of the audio that's out on the web is very poor quality, yes. (Low bit-rate MP3s.)

When I was hunting for HSK 3 听力 audio files online I specifically went after the good quality ones... it makes a difference I think.

• Like 1

Hi, just checking in

How's everyone doing, ready for tomorrow?

I've done as much as I can for hsk2, still struggle a bit with some things, but will just do the best!

• Like 1

I've been doing loads of practice tests, some of them just the listening or reading part to practice those more.

Unless it goes really badly I should be able to pass HSK 4, but looking at my results so far I think it will be a pretty low score. 

If I can get more than 200/300 I will be satisfied. (180 is the pass mark.)

加油!

33 minutes ago, mungouk said:

've been doing loads of practice tests, some of them just the listening or reading part to practice those more.

Unless it goes really badly I should be able to pass HSK 4, but looking at my results so far I think it will be a pretty low score. 

If I can get more than 200/300 I will be satisfied. (180 is the pass mark.)

Yes, me too, as many practice tests as I can.

Today I'll have a go at one of each practice tests, then I'm just watching some youtube channels for HSK2 where I seem to pick something new up each time I watch.

Yesterday, I found a series of short films called shuoshuo Chinese, and I'm watching these today (good for spotting common mistakes). She does a level 3 and 4, but I don't know if they are any use.

In case we don't post here again today,

all the best to you and everyone sitting these!

:)

• Like 1

In case anyone was wondering about home-based tests in July, I just noticed this on Twitter...

According to the HSKTestOfficial account:

At present, there is no online home test in July. For normal online test, you can register online: http://chinesetest.cn

https://twitter.com/HSKTestOfficial/status/1277066460917985280

How did you get on @mungouk

Were you in the same skype group as me at 9am? I had MsChen watching and 4 others were on.

I think if I passed hsk2, I'll be surprised, and probably at best scraped through it. It was a lot tougher than the mocks.

hsk1 I'll be disappointed if I didn't get them all right.

Any idea of how long for results?

They said (somewhere) that results will be out in 10 days.  There's not usually any notification, you just have to login to chinesetest.cn and check under "Score information".

Yes I was there this morning at 9... a brief report is over in the "Taking the HSK?" thread.

I think I'm probably borderline with the HSK 4... I found it harder than the mocks (everyone seems to say this).

2 hours ago, mungouk said:

They said (somewhere) that results will be out in 10 days.  There's not usually any notification, you just have to login to chinesetest.cn and check under "Score information".

Yes I was there this morning at 9... a brief report is over in the "Taking the HSK?" thread.

I think I'm probably borderline with the HSK 4... I found it harder than the mocks (everyone seems to say this).

I probably saw you then!

there were 5 my 9am exam.

i didn't realise at first, that when mine finished what to do with skype, as I didn't realise people were doing other levels in my group.

I was confused, because when I finished, everyone else looked busy!! so I thought, Oh shit! I've done something wrong! haha

I could see MsChen waving at me eventually worked this out that others were doing 4 or 6.

in the 1330, she then said, oh reminder, you all doing different ones, so log out of skype when you finish!

Wish they had been the other way around. I think I'll probably fail but very close. I was a bit more tense in first as obviously not sure whats going on, where as 1 I was totally relaxed as I knew what what happening!

I'll check the thread out now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • New Members

Hi everyone, 

I am in Melbourne Australia, I want to sit the online HSK4 exam scheduled for 31 October, however, no test centers in Australia are participating in the online at home exam. 

Does anyone know a test center which I can register through to sit the 31 October exam? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hi, for those who already did the test from home, I don't know yet how the writing part will work. I will do the HSK 4 and I was notified that for the first section I need to grab the words with the mouse, but what about the other section where I was supposed to write a sentence, does this edition has it too? or they just delated it? I would appreciate a lot if someone answers.

• 1 month later...