Chinese-Forums

Name of painter?

Zeppa

Me again on behalf of a friend who finds things on eBay. 

Can anyone say anything about the characters on this oil painting: the artist's name? Many thanks in advance. 1117215416_WhatsAppImage2020-05-14at14_41_28.thumb.jpeg.33bf74dbb99fe35ea51ca7fb025a4188.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 14.41.27.jpeg

Maybe 籠華 or even 蘢華 or 巃華.

But to me, this really says 大芬, where they reproduce paintings on large inkjet printers then quickly paint over them in oils to create orginalish-looking works. (Look at the edges.) Fun place to visit actually, right beyond the Wal-Mart at 大芬站.

EDIT: Actually, looking at this again, it's just the simple and obvious 龍華. No extra topping there after all.

Thanks very much. Yes, it looked fake to me. I have a wonderful American poster of a cow which has been treated to look like an oil painting. 

Dloes that make it Long Chui? I am not very advanced at this. It would be a name?

Thanks. I have been neglecting my Chinese anyway. I found the Dafen Oil Painting Village. I have found the hua but I have to blow these traditional characters up before I can even look them up in Pleco.

I am assuming the painter's name is not a big deal. Or was there an original oil painting which has been reproduced in this way? I would have thought from the subject matter it was just a photo.

I don't know for certain, but I think it's fair to assume there's an original painting somewhere done in a photo-realistic style.

It's probably not a coincidence that 龙华 is the name of a district in Shenzhen not too far from Dafen.