Chinese-Forums

HSK 3.0 ... new, new HSK?

realmayo

1 hour ago, shawky.nasr said:

Which kind of method used to remove Watermark? The size should be smaller than 48

#!/bin/bash

for i in {000..259} ; do
  echo "${i}"
  convert -density 200 original.pdf[$i] -quality 90 -flatten img/page-$i.png
  convert img/page-${i}.png -fuzz 15% -fill white -opaque "#bdbcc0" no_watermark/${i}.png
done

img2pdf no_watermark/*.png -o mydoc.pdf

Out of curiosity I tried the AABBY FineReader free trial. It worked but the trial is limited to only 100 pages.

1 hour ago, Jan Finster said:

Amen. What is the rush all about? Those lists will be all over the internet in 6 months.

A lot of the uses for this data - for example, dictionaries and flashcard lists and language courses - take a while to prepare. (In my case i wanted it ASAP to start the process of making sure we have a dictionary entry for every word in the list)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mikelove said:

A lot of the uses for this data - for example, dictionaries and flashcard lists and language courses - take a while to prepare. (In my case i wanted it ASAP to start the process of making sure we have a dictionary entry for every word in the list)

I know. You and 大块头 have products on the market and for those, of course, speed and accuracy matter. ??

Does the new HSK affect anyone on this forum on his personal journey of learning Chinese? Many of the comments below this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JVBZLoMYt0) are quite negative and you read a lot of frustration.

I am not sure why. The language has not changed after all and, surely, you will not need to pass (new) HSK 9 to be admitted to a Chinese uni.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jan Finster said:

Does the new HSK affect anyone on this forum on his personal journey of learning Chinese?

It's making me seriously considering aiming for HSK 5 in December 2021, in case that's the last opportunity. 

This is probably 2-3 months earlier than I had been anticipating, but then again sometimes it's good to have a concrete target to aim for.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jan Finster said:

Here is another video explaining the changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD6KI5VmGsA

OK that table he shows is interesting, if it's correct.

758074010_Screenshot2021-04-04at14_46_44.thumb.png.06a9d4f9e5dfb8ffd6a8acd8d1a35270.png

Actually, in terms of learning vocabulary and characters the changes are probably going to affect those around current HSK 1-3 disproportionately because they will now have to learn a lot more vocabulary, including learning Hanzi even at the lowest levels in the HSK 3.0 system.

Whereas someone at the current HSK 5 — which he maps onto Level 3 in the new system — will now approach the new HSK 6 in 3 stages (levels 4-5-6) rather than one big jump like before, so it should be less daunting.

Edit: Also — is this correct? — he says that everyone will need to do handwriting (copying out Hanzi at a given speed), is that what it says in the draft specification?  How is that going to work with computer-based tests?

14 hours ago, 大块头 said:

It worked but the trial is limited to only 100 pages.

not professional method to remove indsign pdf watermark.

It's easy to remove this kind of pdf watermark, but needs page by page.

There are some chinese teachers will share full list.

FYI, As i told you before this list used by:

汉语国际教育用词语声调组合及轻重音格式实用手册, 刘英林, 出版发行 : 北京语言大学出版社 , 2019.08

11092 Words

If you are hurry, you can copmare new file (Excel) with your list, using Excel to compare or others compare tools.

You won't find big difference.

21 minutes ago, mungouk said:

including learning Hanzi even at the lowest levels in the HSK 3.0 system.

hopefully it'll reduce the amount of people claiming you don't need characters to learn Chinese.

40 minutes ago, mungouk said:

It's making me seriously considering aiming for HSK 5 in December 2021, in case that's the last opportunity. 

so far it seems like they'll roll out levels 7 to 9 first and then will replace levels 1-6 (I've seen 2023-2024 as the timeline for that?)

I'm aiming for HSK5 in (roughly) December 2022, now I'm not actively preparing yet but consolidating everything up to HSK4 to make sure I have a solid foundation, and accumulating vocab I'll need so it won't overwhelm me. I wish I could just build my life around learning Chinese but alas.

1 hour ago, mungouk said:

he says that everyone will need to do handwriting (copying out Hanzi at a given speed), is that what it says in the draft specification?  How is that going to work with computer-based tests?

Still no model test or clear standard.

So if I understood correctly for the HSK3 (elementary ...) there are more than 2000 words to know all different, it was not like before that the first level was inserted in the second and you learned the difference of characters between the second and the first or maybe I remember wrong? Thanks

• New Members
柏锦鸿 (bǎijǐnhóng)

There is quite an interesting article which I've linked summarising in English what the various new HSK 3.0 levels are supposed to test in terms of topics, reading, writing, listening, speaking and translation skills:  https://goeastmandarin.com/new-hsk-levels/

No idea how this will work in practice, but if implemented as described it implies a pretty radical change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mungouk said:

Actually, in terms of learning vocabulary and characters the changes are probably going to affect those around current HSK 1-3 disproportionately because they will now have to learn a lot more vocabulary, including learning Hanzi even at the lowest levels in the HSK 3.0 system.

Whereas someone at the current HSK 5 — which he maps onto Level 3 in the new system — will now approach the new HSK 6 in 3 stages (levels 4-5-6) rather than one big jump like before, so it should be less daunting.

Edit: Also — is this correct? — he says that everyone will need to do handwriting (copying out Hanzi at a given speed), is that what it says in the draft specification?  How is that going to work with computer-based tests?

Haha, I'm back to level 1! :(

I think I saw on a video that the 789 is just one test, and you get 7 8 9 depending on score. 

Do you know if this is right? (not that it matters for me!! haha) but just interested to know how it all works

2 minutes ago, hong long said:

when do you think the first books will come out?

I would think that they will just combine most of the current stuff, like 1 2 and 3 all in one book. And edit in and out the old/new words.

Still can't that happening for a while. 

@mikelove

I compared the words on that list you generated with the words that I have flashcards for, and I found six OCR errors. I didn't check the PDF for each of the ~50 other words that I don't have flashcards for, but they all appear to be common words with multiple definitions in Pleco.