Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

realmayo

HSK 3.0 ... new, new HSK?

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Weyland

255556023_HSK3.0comparisonexamwise.thumb.png.1a9bee6f7a99cfdf48bce46882bac617.png

Going by vocab alone, and taking in mind how they expect examinees to have double the passive vocab you get these extreme reversal in course when comparing HSK3.0 to HSK2.0.

• Like 3

大块头

These visualizations are very cool @Weyland. How did you create the second bar graph? Did you use some frequency analysis out there of practice HSK exams?

Weyland

No I went to a Chinese school with private classes and just asked people that had taken the HSK5/6 from our Wechat group what their grasp of Chinese was when they first took it, and then I compared it to my own experiences. It's an estimation. Though seeing how I was doing mock-exams while studying for the HSK6 and passing those before I even finished the first book, and having other people tell me similar stories, I just took it as an "educated guess".

Oh, btw. Teachers are being recalled to be retrained for the HSK3.0, and we'll hear more news in September apparently.

• Like 2