Chinese-Forums

Fortress Bilibili

carlo

12 hours ago, carlo said:

In order to do that, there’s a 100-question exam (I kid you not)

That's rather astonishing!

Is there some kind of online sub-culture that helps people to answer this? 

How can even clued-up locals be expected to complete it, or does it only appear if you're outside PRC?

The reason for the quiz is to maintain their particular type of community and not become just another social video site. You can find the details at 23:50 of the podcast episode. Apparently the original quiz was much harder and you had no chance of passing it unless you were a hardcore anime fan.

• Like 3

• New Members

Hi Carlo,  at beginning this website is designed for anime fan. Even their name bilibili is come from an anime. And with the same reason they use "coin" but not "like". So, they use this quiz to protect their culture. Not only you, some Chinese people also can't pass this quiz by their own. ?Is a way to select the user. Actually the quiz is much easier resent years, because this company become more and more commercialization

• Helpful 1

Thank you Bing, I appreciate that (now). Unfortunately my anime knowledge kind of ends at Princess Mononoke. But I did pass after studying hard. 我会继续努力的 ?

They say they had 130 million monthly active users in the fourth quarter of 2019, but they don’t disclose how many passed the test. It's a very interesting/ crazy business model.

• 3 months later...

I've just been through the same experience. I didn't bother to cheat on the test, and just passed it naturally, but I forget if I only had like barely a passing mark. So I dunno if that's the reason my level is too low to comment...

So how exactly do you get your level high enough to post comments? I don't really get it...

Congratulations for passing, if you did it without cheating you're already a step ahead of me. A passing mark isn't enough to comment though -- you need more, don't remember the exact number, but it'll tell you when you get there. You can do more questions to get more points