Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Lu

Book of the Month June 2020 (or whenever!) - 《景恒街》 by 笛安

roddy

Still going, but I was away last week and am behind where I should be to finish by the end of the month (currently in Chapter 11). I'm going to stick with it for the rest of September, but I'm quite keep to get into 异兽志 so I don't know if I'll bother finishing it. I might speed read the remainder or something. Would happily recommend for anyone looking for a modern / business / romance-soapy read, it's just not particularly my kind of thing. 

• Helpful 1

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Singe
14 hours ago, roddy said:

but I'm quite keep to get into 异兽志 so I don't know if I'll bother finishing it

Just wondering if 异兽志 is the next 'Book of the Month' choice as I can't see any other reference to it in this thread. Been meaning to try and join in this since my motivation to get back into Chinese has grown exponentially this year. Currently trying 活着 based on previous choices on this site and found it tough, but very beneficial.

roddy

Don't think I'm going to finish this - missed too many days and while I'm only a few dozen pages from the end, I'm just not that interested in how it all pans out. Not a bad read, as I said above, but not for me. Looking forward to 异兽志 though.