Chinese-Forums

Chinese language-taught International Relations postgraduate?

yangxiansheng

• New Members

Hi guys!

Just quickly, I'm trying to reach out to people who have some knowledge of the Chinese language-taught International Relations postgraduate at Tsinghua, Peking and/or Zhejiang University?

I would like to apply for a Masters degree at either one of the above schools - does anyone know how competitive their Chinese-taught postgraduate programs really are (especially Politics or IR)? 

Some background info on me: Graduated in the UK, Diploma from Oxford - I've been working in China for 6 years now. Although nothing related to politics or IR, but I have a solid background in international education (non-teaching) and business management. I took the HSK6 a while ago and scored a mediocre 244/300. Not happy with the score so re-taking the exam next month (can't get my head around why I got top marks in the mock papers and didn't do well in the real thing?!)...Though I heard Peking University only ask for an overall score of 210 and 65 in writing (mine was 86).

I'd appreciate some advice and your thoughts on whether the universities I'm looking up are a realistic target.

Thanks!