Chinese-Forums

活 愛 女 - What could this tattoo mean?

llfc1234

• New Members

Hi guys,

I have seen this tattoo on one of my friends skin. She told me there is no way I can get what it means. Directly translating it is nonsense, but she says it is somehow connected to Chinese astrology. Could you guys help me somehow? 

Thanks

Looks like nonsense. Can't even work out what the intended meaning might have been... Maybe something along the lines of "live laugh love" -laugh +woman...?

I don't know too much about Chinese astrology, but that sounds extremely dubious too. None of the characters have any overlap with 生肖, 五行, or 天干地支.

Edit:

4 minutes ago, roddy said:

Life, love, daughter, maybe? 

This could be plausible.

Also, probably a complete coincidence, but it sounds pretty close to "我爱你" in Mandarin.

I think trying to interpret it into Chinese is barking up the wrong tree.  I think it should be read at face value.  Life, love, woman.  It just reflects the feelings of the person tattooed and that's as far as it goes.  It could mean she's a feminist, she has a daughter, she's a lesbian, who knows.  The connection with astrology is probably something she made up to make it seem cooler to outsiders.  Or heck, it could be.  I've never studied Chinese astrology, so who am I to say?  

• Helpful 1

• New Members

traditional chinese charactors. But it seems not a real word. At least, I never know it since I was born.

活: huo,alive maybe, always used as words.

爱 or 愛: u guys are right, love;

女:nv,girl

but it is really interesting as the 3 charactors sound like 我 爱 你,I Love U. 

FYI.