Chinese-Forums

Looking for Chinese essay s similar to 差不多先生传

philipbeckwith

你们好!

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm looking for at least one essay that is similar in length and difficulty as 差不多先生传. I would like a decent English translation along with it. It's not necessary, but if it is somewhat well known or by a well known author, that would be great. It has to be originally written in Chinese.

Hopefully I'm not too particular. 谢谢 to anyone who can help!

• New Members

First I would use Alan's Chinese text analyser to calculate the difficulty, number of total characters, and number of unique characters of your essay. 差不多先生传 contains 845 total characters, with just 1.5% of the unique characters being non-HSK characters. This is a good indication of the difficulty of essay you are looking for.

Now you can search a collection of essays such as Kendra Schaefer's Chinese Reading Practice and find one at the same or similar level. One I found there is called 八仙过海. It has 752 total characters with 4.5% of the unique characters being non-HSK characters.

• Helpful 1