Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Mega Mandarin HSK 3.0 Flashcards

大块头

https://megamandarin.com/

After more than 500 hours of work I've finally finished writing and assembling an Anki flashcard deck for all 11400+ words that are on the current HSK vocabulary list or on the proposed HSK 3.0 vocabulary list. It can be purchased at the link above. I will donate 30% of all proceeds from selling this deck to UNICEF.

The first 10 people who enter the coupon code "HELICOPTERCHASE" will get $15 off.

• Like 4
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Once we have bought it, would you like us to give feedback here or?

One thing that has just come to mind by looking at the pictures is: why doesn't it say whether it's an adjective, adverb, conjunction, etc.?

• Good question! 1
大块头
5 hours ago, Weyland said:

Once we have bought it, would you like us to give feedback here or?

This thread is probably the best spot for feedback or questions at the moment. I may eventually put together a demo version for the Anki shared decks page.

5 hours ago, Weyland said:

why doesn't it say whether it's an adjective, adverb, conjunction, etc.?

It should be clear from the English text whether a given meaning is referring to an verb or noun, which I'd argue is the main distinction between parts of speech that one should worry about when making passive-recognition flashcards.

hammer.thumb.png.739e457aaade25fe42a4eae2c83c725d.png

5 hours ago, Flickserve said:

Does it have sentences or just individual words?

If including a short example sentence was the best way to succinctly summarize the meaning of a given word, I have done so. Most meanings could be adequately summarized without an example sentence, however. There is a user notes field if you want to add more sentences.

2131825273_.thumb.png.5acefe5e44960dc046add9aed8303462.png

• Like 1
大块头
1 hour ago, Yadang said:

Can you have the deck test pronunciations and meanings separately? (other than manually going into change all of the Cloze numbers)

I generated this deck by running a csv file containing all the words, readings, meanings, etc. through a python script that then made a text file with all the HTML formatting and clozes for importing into Anki. What you're suggesting could be achieved by making a few tweaks to this python script. I'm more than happy to share these files with those that buy the deck.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
叫我小山

I have been waiting for a deck like this to be released for most of 2020, and I wasn't disappointed when I downloaded this one. It has really nice card styling and good audio and definitions. The definitions include various meanings and the variant pronunciations thereof. Of course, with Anki everything is customizable to suit you but the hard work has been done already with this deck.

I'll let you guys know in 3-5 years how I feel about it more when I finish it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2