Chinese-Forums

2021 CSC Scholarships

titisam

8 hours ago, 马M said:

Sure thing, I applied for Fudan University (复旦大学). It's my first choice, so I'm super happy I got accepted! I'm now just waiting for CSC approval. I'm predicting that I'll be deferring until next year and will probably have to reapply for the scholarship. Which Universities have you applied to? Have you received any responses yet?

Thats a good school. I have applied for Beijing International Studies Uni and University of Business and Economics, Type A. I was waiting for their message but later I was said from my countryman who has experience in this that I will be contacted by dispatching authority(Its ministry of education in my country). Last year applicants from my country were contacted in late August I think its because pandemic. In 2019 applicants were contacted in late July,so my status on csc site is application has been sent to dispatching authority and I am just waiting a message now. I hope I have already got the scholarship.

2 hours ago, ptyfriend said:

I’m currently studying at UIBE. What degree are you applying for? Chinese taught or English taught? If you have any questions you can reach out to me. 

Hi, nice to meet you. I am a little bit confused now because I read on one forum yesterday that for applying for Bachelor you cant be enrolled without HSK but when I was applying in early February there was written that it is possible to get a language year so I decided to apply for Bachelor and in my motivation letter and Study plan I wrote that I would like to get a 1 language year... As you understand I dont know Chinese at all now. Major is Business English but Bachelor in China is only in Chinese but I want to learn Chinese anyway.  I am scared now... It is type A application and as I understand dispatching authority has sent my application to China, I mean they havent rejected me since February because my Status on CSC website is the application result has been sent to dispatching authority since early June. I dont know what to do now... 

P.S. On the same forum about CGS I read that the chance to get scholarship for bachelor without hsk is possible if you have good English but they give it rarely. I have attached IELTS academic 6.5 with my application back in February so one thing that I can do now is to hope for best.

3 hours ago, ptyfriend said:

I’m currently studying at UIBE. What degree are you applying for? Chinese taught or English taught? If you have any questions you can reach out to me. 

P.S. UIBE is my second choice, first is BISU but now I am a little bit depressed ?

I got this international student enrollment FAQ in a recent email:附件2-国际学生入学报到FAQ-学籍与奖助部分-2020级保留入学资格.pdf

I think I may ask to defer a year. Online will be very isolating and you can't network with other students and teachers...

Edit: I also got the scholarship result from SJTU. I applied directly through the school (checked a box) and they gave me tuition waver. The application portal has a new button that asks if I want to confirm my spot. They didn't send an email about the updates.

32 minutes ago, 马M said:

This is probably a stupid question but is the Shanghai Government Scholarship the same as the China Government Scholarship, or are they two separate scholarships?

2 separate scholarships, heard SGS favours chinese taught degrees 

3 minutes ago, shepherdspie said:
37 minutes ago, 马M said:

This is probably a stupid question but is the Shanghai Government Scholarship the same as the China Government Scholarship, or are they two separate scholarships?

2 separate scholarships, heard SGS favours chinese taught degrees 

Thank the Lord! Fudan just released the SGS results but I wasn't on the list. I applied for the CGS but for some reason I was doubting myself thinking they are the same. 

This is good news because it means I still have a chance ?

14 minutes ago, 马M said:

This is good news because it means I still have a chance ?

Nice!! Wishing you the best of luck, let us know your results :) 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, Roman Zadorozhnyi said:

Hi, congratulations! Mine is The application result has been sent to dispatching authority Type A. I am eagerly waiting for a mail from an embassy or ministry of education. What country you from?

Hello, very sorry for the late reply lol. Thank you have to wait until late July for an official response.

I come from Mauritius :)

On 6/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, BEApplicant said:

Same event and same status with me. Congratulations to you. Meet you in China (online).?

Congratulations to you too! I honestly do not want to attend online classes :< Might be thinking about deferring the scholarship idk

Hello guys! Last year I received the CSC scholarship, now I'm at the end of the Chinese preparatory course. I went from not knowing how to write 你 to have a Chinese level above HSK5, so you guys are in for a ride. Those of you who end up receiving the scholarship better get ready, because you will have to work really hard and suffer a lot (at least in my uni, other universities are less strict). It will be a hard road, but a really worthy and beautiful one. Good luck to everyone!

If anyone has questions about the Chinese course and the first preparatory year, feel free to ask, I will answer them when I have some free time.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:19 AM, melaniehow said:

Might be thinking about deferring the scholarship idk

I think you will need to reapply for the scholarship if you choose to defer.

11 hours ago, 马M said:

I think you will need to reapply for the scholarship if you choose to defer

No. It depends on university but usually they gIve this year off if you have important reason moreover pandemic is still going on. As far as I know if you get the scholarship you cant reapply next year cause you will be rejected. It is possible to do in a year but what the chances? 

Hi all, I wanted to update that I have received an email from the U.S. embassy that I have received the CSC Type A scholarship for language study at my first choice of Yunnan University!

Hope everyone who hasn't heard back hears some good news soon!

On 7/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, curiouscam said:

Hi all, I wanted to update that I have received an email from the U.S. embassy that I have received the CSC Type A scholarship for language study at my first choice of Yunnan University!

Chicago embassy in the US? Or another embassy?

I guess my Scholarship application was unsuccessful this year. My CSC application status still says 'submitted' so I think this means nobody has even attempted to look at it. This morning I have received my admission documents from my university. However, without the scholarship there is no way I can afford to study abroad. 

Does anybody have experience deferring their China university admission? I've just contacted the International admissions department requesting to defer until next year. I'm worried I will lose my place! 

12 hours ago, 马M said:

I guess my Scholarship application was unsuccessful this year. My CSC application status still says 'submitted' so I think this means nobody has even attempted to look at it. This morning I have received my admission documents from my university. However, without the scholarship there is no way I can afford to study abroad. 

Does anybody have experience deferring their China university admission? I've just contacted the International admissions department requesting to defer until next year. I'm worried I will lose my place! 

Sorry for your experience. I believe deferring an admission shouldn't be an issue in a University and even if it is it doesn't stop you from getting CGS next year perhaps it only stops you from applying in same school. 

But then I think you should check with your school if there is any province/ state/university scholarship that you can apply. Most of them covers tuition and accommodation plus little stipends (may not be up to CSG amount). And once tuition and accommodation is covered I think it's ok.

• 2 weeks later...