Chinese-Forums

2021 CSC Scholarships

titisam

13 hours ago, shsh said:

the EU mission is also quite unresponsive

Hello again! 

I am also quite desperate for the EU Window Scholarship. I contacted the EU Mission again this morning and I was told that they already have the final results, which will be published in the coming days. The girl responsible for the scholarship comes back from holiday tomorrow, so I'll try to contact them tomorrow again. I also asked whether we will receive an email or the lists will be published on the EU Mission platform, but they said they didn't know yet. 

Let's wait a few more days!! So if you guys receive any email confirming your scholarship, please let us know! :)

5 hours ago, Pablo12 said:

So if you guys receive any email confirming your scholarship, please let us know! :)

I just received confirmation e-mail from the EU mission:

Congratulations! You have been admitted by the CSC scholarship for the  academic year 2021-2022 ,

Due to the global COVID-19 situation, the immigration policies for international  students to go to China have not been determined. The registration date and course arrangement will be notified by your university accordingly. Your admission documents will be provided later . We have just got the admission materials from Beijing, and will send it to students in each EU country in the next week.

Please pay attention to our China mission's website to learn about the latest information, and keep an eye on your email box in case your university send you any admission notification.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 2:18 AM, yangyizhi said:

Hi guys, my university just contacted me yesterday asking me to choose between two options:

it's either:

1. Start with online course.

or

2. If you cannot attend online course on time, then give up your admission.

Actually, I wanna suspend first because online school is inconvenience.

So I'm wondering if you guys still have the option to suspend/postpone your study? (because we can't come to china yet?)

Your option is like a "take it or leave it" option. I'll advice you take the online class because refusing it is giving up yoir admission.

Hi guys. Is there any one who has been assigned to a random university by CSC other than the three preferred universities for type A??

On 8/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, Pablo12 said:

Congratulations!!! When did you receive it?

And has anyone else received it? I'm still waiting :(

Same here

On 8/22/2021 at 7:40 AM, TL said:

Same here

PRC Mission to the EU is supposed to have emailed all the scholarship recipients already. I did not receive any email due to a gmail problem, so I contacted them via phone call and they told me I was admitted. If any of you hasn't received anything yet and your CSC status is "Application result has been sent...", try to contact them directly. You may have the same problem as me.

Good luck to everyone! :)

• New Members

The results of the EU scholarship mission results have been released. I've received no emails from PRC Mission to the EU and my application still says submitted. Pretty frustrating to have gone to the trouble to pay to get all these documents and wait for months to not even get a simple rejection email. 

Also my type A also says "In Progress", meaning I likely didnt get that scholarship either.

Did anyone get admitted for those who are pursing chinese language study under the general scholar program?

Thankfully I received a scholarship to study in Taiwan so I'm not too unhappy.

4 hours ago, TL said:

Hi guys! Any one still waiting like me?.... Guys what are the chances of being rejected if you have been nominated for type A?

Status is still "In progress" 

I'm sorry, it seems like you didn't get it. I hope you had backup plan, in case this happened.

1 hour ago, MangoDuck said:

Thankfully I received a scholarship to study in Taiwan so I'm not too unhappy.

Glad to hear that you got at least some scholarship! Congratulations!

1 hour ago, MangoDuck said:

Pretty frustrating to have gone to the trouble to pay to get all these documents and wait for months to not even get a simple rejection email. 

Yeah, it seems EU mission had some staff change, was a bit overwhelmed and didn't communicate properly... Type B applications through universities went usually more smoothly.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody heard any updates from their universities or embassies concerning studying on the CSC scholarship for 2021-2022? I am supposed to have a 1 year scholarship to study Chinese from September 1st 2021 - July 15th 2022 but it's been crickets. The CSC Scholarship portal recently updated under the "registration" tab. There is a drop down to register online or in person. I'm not sure what I should do. Is anyone in a similar situation?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 7:07 AM, Rose123 said:

I applied at Tsinghua University via their own platform + CSC Type A, but the university admission process was delayed, so the CSC sent my application to my other choices. I eventually got admitted at Tsinghua (first choice), the admission notice says it is on my own full costs.

I just got a email saying I got the CGS, not stating to which university/program.

Did you get the CSC scholarship for Tsinghua?