Chinese-Forums

scrubbing audio in anki

thelearninglearner

Please move this if it's not in the right place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

I was a thread on reddit, but it didn't get an answer about being able to scrub audio in anki. right now the <audio controller> is not well implemented in anki. I was wondering if anybody knows a some possible way to get around this in anki desktop and ankidroid. maybe with some javascript. it's useful for slightly longer sentences when you want to re-listen to just one part of it

10 hours ago, Flickserve said:

What is meant by “scrub”?

https://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/scrub-songs-control-center-ios-610x297.jpg it's when you use the slider to move around in audio or video to play the part you want.

53 minutes ago, Demonic_Duck said:
10 hours ago, Flickserve said:

What is meant by “scrub”?

A scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me.

Ha, this is also true

One of the original points of the SRS system is to reduce the information in each card. I agree anki is not so good for long sentences and you may need to question whether having such long sentences is useful in SRS learning format . 

It might be a better strategy to cut those long sentences into shorter phrases. Of course you lose some context so you yourself have to decide what’s an acceptable trade off. 

2 hours ago, Flickserve said:

One of the original points of the SRS system is to reduce the information in each card. I agree anki is not so good for long sentences and you may need to question whether having such long sentences is useful in SRS learning format . 

It might be a better strategy to cut those long sentences into shorter phrases. Of course you lose some context so you yourself have to decide what’s

I usually will make multiple cards from one sentence. 

The boy ate his hat, but he thought it could have tasted better. 

I break it up into before and after the comma and then put the whole sentence in a card, too. For the full card, I like to scrub