Chinese-Forums

Help me learn more about this Chinese pen artist: 欧阳贝

Catcot

Hi Friends,

This is my first post in this forum so kindly guide me if I have posted in the wrong section.

I have found a Chinese pen and Watercolor artist who goes by the name/username of @欧阳贝

on Weibo. Through Google translation I have learnt that she offers drawing and Watercolor courses (I could be wrong though). I have searched for the courses but I have not found them. It could be the courses or classes mean freely available live streamed video lessons. Please help me find her courses if there are any, mode of payment etc. Does she regularly do live real-time videos of her drawings and are the videos freely available for the Weibo members?

Are there other pen and Watercolor artists on Weibo? Or any other Chinese website? I would love to know more about contemporary Chinese watercolorists. 

Thanks for your help.

Love from Pakistan. Have a nice day.

It seems that she has a presence on Baidu. They display copies of some of her paintings and have a link to her blog. (I know nothing about her.)

So you might learn more by looking her up on Baidu and translating the results of your search. Here is a link to her Baidu page. 

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&f=8&rsv_bp=1&rsv_idx=1&tn=baidu&wd=欧阳贝 &fenlei=256&rsv_pq=aa30ec880015551a&rsv_t=63eblMXSC9jK9Cg7IGn%2F%2BXIurNRRZEb3y3wfLLyNGvFeProBygHCOPQUYVw&rqlang=cn&rsv_enter=0&rsv_dl=tb&rsv_sug3=1&rsv_sug1=1&rsv_sug7=100&rsv_btype=i&inputT=3211&rsv_sug4=3211 

Here is a link to her blog: (Hosted by Sina) https://weibo.com/u/2657903593?from=myfollow_all&ssl_rnd=1611422323.804 

In looking for other pen and watercolor artists, try this search term: 钢笔淡彩. You can use it with Google as well as with Baidu. Just copy and paste it into the search bar.  

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 1:59 PM, Catcot said:

she offers drawing and Watercolor courses (I could be wrong though). I have searched for the courses but I have not found them. It could be the courses or classes mean freely available live streamed video lessons.

I also know nothing about her but she has an 8-part very, VERY detailed instructional series (approximately hourlong videos) at:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1BK4y1575Q/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.18

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Leslie and Abcdefg, thank you so much for answering my questions. The links and search terms mentioned by you have helped me unearth treasure trove of Watercolor and ink (line and wash) videos, and photos. I really like her style. I wish I could read and write Chinese but learning this language seems too daunting a task; I am afraid I don’t have the stamina to do the hard work.

God Bless you. Have a nice day ???

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Catcot this might interest you. I only recently found out that there is an UK Chinese Brush Society, you may find much useful information, lovely paintings, and also contact some of the members through their web site:  

Chinese Brush Painters Society (cbps.org.uk)  

• Like 3