Chinese-Forums

Help finding chinese movie title!

Dr_k1m

Hello!

i saw a movie in the airplane maybe 2years ago and the plot goes something like this;

she escaped her black and white reality 

i think they were creatures following her

she needed to body paint herself in color to fit

she finds love but impossible to kiss him

he was poor and working in the cinema industry

wrote about it when older

do you know what movie it is?

This is admittedly a long shot and doesn't fully fit your description, but you might have a look at "Painted Skin" 画皮。It involves ghosts and magic (actually "fox spirits") and an exchange of bodies plus some elegant large colored tattoos. I've seen this film several times since it's popular in "re-run slots" on Chinese evening national TV (Channel 6.) It also has at least one sequel (maybe more) and it even gave rise to a TV series.  

The original was immensely popular, directed by Hong Kong's Gordon Chan 陈嘉上 and featured a star-studded cast: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painted_Skin_(2008_film) 

Thank you for your reply! Not the good movie but i appreciate the effort!=)

i remember that if they kissed, she would disappear and go back into her world so they never did until the very last moment of her life. 
Also, needed to paint herself in color as she came from a black and white world.

I've just finished watching the movie. As a romantic fantasy, I think using the ending of his film script as the movie's ending is acceptable and not that sad. He and she go back to the black-and-white film world. He is as young as the first time he met her and she is still the beautiful and elegant princess. When he hands her a red rose, the film world suddenly becomes colorful. Finally, he can kiss his princess freely, and they are going to live forever happily in the colorful film world.

@Dr_k1m I love this movie and its ending song. Thanks.

black.thumb.jpg.5ec4214b3083cac70966fd4a5ca157e4.jpg

kiss.thumb.jpg.0edb10f4238d80ff89d0d0da5f735e59.jpg