Chinese-Forums

Google Play broke on Xiaomi phone after last update- fix

markhavemann

I thought I would post this in case someone else has the same problem as me. After the last MIUI update, all Google related things broke on my Xiaomi Redmi K30 phone, disabling almost all of my paid apps and causing the play store to hang when opened.

I tried reinstalling everything with APK's from the internet but nothing worked. Finally, after many hours of frustration, this is what fixed it:

• Delete all related Google services, framework, play store stuff from your phone. It's not necessary to delete gmail and stuff like that. 
  • download 百度手机助手 (seems like this is the baidu app store)
  • on 百度手机助手, download GG服务框架安装器 (must be from the baidu app store, I tried downloading this from other places but it wouldn't work)
  • Open this app and use it to install the four services on the front page
  • Things should be working now

4 minutes ago, 889 said:

It apparently doesn't apply to international models, but if you bought off a Chinese reseller on the web, you might nonetheless have a domestic model.

Mine came straight from a Xiaomi physical store so I guess it's as domestic as it gets.

Lot's of solutions online about clearing the cache but this is the only way that worked for me.

9 minutes ago, 889 said:

Google for more.

https://www.thedeepnewssource.com/2021/02/04/xiaomi-miui-12-5-update-appear-to-disable-all-google-services/

This seems to offer some explanation (but not much) if anybody else is interested.

• 4 months later...
  • New Members

@markhavemann, the solution you posted works, however I cannot add a Google - when clicking on Settings/Accounts & sync/Add Account/Google nothing happens. I've also tried to add the account from Chrome and YouTube. Do you have some ideas?

Thank you!

14 hours ago, xidiot said:

@markhavemann, the solution you posted works, however I cannot add a Google - when clicking on Settings/Accounts & sync/Add Account/Google nothing happens. I've also tried to add the account from Chrome and YouTube. Do you have some ideas?

Unfortunately not. The last update completely broke things for me and no matter what I do I can't access anything Google related in any way. 

Currently my solution is a mix of Chinese app stores, APKPure.com and doing-without.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update for anyone follow this: 

Looks like Google services and the Play Store have returned with the last update. Play store can be installed from the Xiaomi app store or 应用宝 (the Tencent app store) if you deleted it out of frustration in the past.