Chinese-Forums

Iphone 11 in UK - Can I access 抖音,哔哩哔哩,西瓜视频 and other Chinese Apps

杰.克

Hi all,

I am thinking about purchasing an Iphone11 but am worried about not being able to download Chinese apps. I want to access 抖音,哔哩哔哩,西瓜视频 amongst others. My worry comes from the fact I live in the UK . I have read that I can simple create an Apple ID that is located in China and relogin on the app store page to access Chinese versions of apps.

Does anyone have experience of this? is it possible?

Kind regards,

I just looked on the UK iOS app store and Douyin and Bilibili aren't in there.

You can change your Country/Region associated with your account to China, but you will need to have a valid payment method there.

Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, Media... > Media and Purchases > View Account > Country/Region

IMG_7132.thumb.PNG.7111dd7c6c2f49329297d553044845ab.PNG

(I'm in China but I use the UK app store.)

1 hour ago, 杰.克 said:

Is the valid payment only a bank card? (in which case I dont have one) or can you use a 支付宝 account?

I don't know, and sorry but I'm not willing to try it out because I don't want to lose my recurring payments. 

Also, you can't pay for anything with a 支付宝 or WeChat account without binding it to a Chinese bank card (see many of the discussions on that on these forums).

My App Store is the UK. I got the iPhone 12 Max Pro this year and download all of the apps I needed, included ones like VPN which can't be downloaded in the Chinese App Store. Then I logged out of that account and signed up again with China as my location. Verified by using WeChat or Alipay (can't remember which one now). There was a problem about me being from abroad so still can't download Chinese apps. I sighed and proceeded to go back to the App Store. For some reason, I could still download all the Chinese apps, just not the paid for ones. I got all the apps I needed like AMap, Bilibili etc, then logged back into my UK account. Not had any problems since. 

• Like 1