Chinese-Forums

1 year Language Prep under CSC

Thatie

Hello everyone, I need some help. I applied for the CSC scholarship but didn’t see the option for choosing if you want to do an initial 1 year Chinese language class first. 

Im trying to apply for my Masters taught in Chinese but my hsk results are not enough, I’ll need another year of language classes before I start my major. Is it normal that there was no option for me to choose if I needed the 1 year class or I somehow skipped that option on my application? 

If you want to apply for Masters taught in Chinese and your HSK level is not high enough, just increase your study duration on the website for "whatever is the period of your degree" + 1 year. The one year will be for the preparation course.

And if you want to apply for the language course seperately, you can do it under the General Scholar category on CSC webstie

Thank you for your reply. I think that’s where I messed up. For me the duration of my study just automatically appeared, by default & didn’t allow me to edit ?...so I was curious how the language preparatory classes were chosen. Since the deadline has passed now, there’s nothing I can do about it. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you submitted you should be okay. From my experience, things are not nearly as strict there as people think they are, so even if you didn't choose preparation course you might still get it 

• Thanks 1