Chinese-Forums

Best Chinese Dicts

shawky.nasr

Best dict  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dictionary you think good one?

• 辞海
    • 汉语大词典
    • 现代汉语词典
    • 新世纪汉英大词典
    • 成语大词典
    • 涵芬App
    • 现代汉语规范词典

21 hours ago, shawky.nasr said:

but they removed many of good resources due to copyright.

I didn't know that! That explains why I can't find some material I thought I had seen there before (like the dialects dictionary).

I didn't know 暂坐 had been published already, thanks! I just read the 后记, I definitely have to read the rest but have to wait for the e-book to be published. 

• 1 month later...

新华字典-双语版

0FEDB3BF-6BA3-46D0-89FF-B9603EA3E228.thumb.jpeg.8a53dfd9fd577f3cd8f61f9537f040ad.jpeg

The company removed it.

Link for download

NEW: Xinhua Dictionary app (万有知典公司)

Because The Commercial Press established own company

Download IOS version

In-App Purchases

The Xinhua Dictionary$14.99

The Xinhua Dictionary (Chinese-English Edition) APP is officially launched by The Commercial Press. The APP contains all the full entries in the Xinhua Dictionary (Chinese-English Edition) print version, integrates the Chinese characters used in the vocabulary of HSK Guide, and develops the related digital functions, mainly with the following characteristics:

1. supporting the general input methods, such as virtual keyboard, touch and voice;

2. supporting the searches of the Chinese characters, pinyin and English keywords;

3. displaying the categorized Chinese characters used in the vocabulary of HSK Guide;

4. providing the audio pronunciation of the headwords, the animation of the stroke orders and the screen touch handwriting practices;

5. supporting the personalized display of search results with font sizes and show/hide options;

6. providing the attributes of a Chinese character, such as its level, radical, stroke and structure.

• 1 month later...

Apple ios 15, IpadOS 15, macOS Monterey

1. New idiom dictionary for China mainland

There’s a new Simplified Chinese idiom dictionary for China mainland.

2. New dictionaries for Hong Kong

Dictionaries for Hong Kong include a Traditional Chinese–English idiom dictionary, a Traditional Chinese–English dictionary of Cantonese colloquialisms, and a new Traditional Chinese dictionary.

IMG_1626.jpg

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, shawky.nasr said:

How? I think no version for Mac. Could you please share link of App?

Perhaps I should have been a bit more precise: I'm using the iPad app on my Mac. Which means I'd also be happy to find something that works for Windows, even if it's not especially designed for it.

1 minute ago, shawky.nasr said:

Still, official app doesn't optimize mac version.

Wether or not its optimized isn't that important for me, as long as I can use it, which I can. So, no app for Android or Windows that you know of?

1 minute ago, Insectosaurus said:

no app for Android or Windows that you know of

1. You can wait Win 11, will support same feature like M1 support Andriod app.

2, You can install any Emulator (IDK more details about it, but you can google it).

• Like 1

Just now, shawky.nasr said:

You can wait Win 11, will support same feature like M1 support Andriod app.

That's excellent news. I actually do have an Android emulator. Is there any Android app for this dictionary? I have not been able to find any. I guess such an app needs to exist for the Win 11 feature to work? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Insectosaurus said:

Is there any Android app for this dictionary? I have not been able to find any. I guess such an app needs to exist for the Win 11 feature to work? Thanks.

Yes, there are

Many of Chinese app not exist on google play store, you can find on others like

xiaomi app store

Samsung store

others

• Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, shawky.nasr said:

Many of Chinese app not exist on google play store, you can find on others like

Big thanks. If it's not in in the Play Store (or if I find an apk), I don't think I'll be able to use it in my emulator, sadly.

6 hours ago, shawky.nasr said:

You can download apk from many websites, i recommend xiaomi app store

Hm, I really can't seem to solve this. I have also tried installing the Xiaomi app store via APK but have not been able to do so (on my Huawei phone). You don't happen to have the dictionary APK file available?

By the way, since you seem to know your dictionaries; do you know of any dictionaries that include the mainland traditional version? Guifan does so for one character words but not anything else. For example, one that gives me 爲何 instead of 為何, 終于 instead of 終於 and 説服 instead of 說服. I do think my examples are correct, but I might also be completely off.

45 minutes ago, Insectosaurus said:

You don't happen to have the dictionary APK file available?

xiaomi store you can download apk

47 minutes ago, Insectosaurus said:

do you know of any dictionaries that include the mainland traditional version?

There are many, like 现代汉语词典 there are HK traditional version

• Helpful 1

New app for 粤语

商務新詞典

F1494369-A09D-4B2D-A5B1-4A31AF34559B.thumb.jpeg.e0859c80dca46d73cd9062563552de6f.jpeg

《商務新詞典》共收單字月11,800個、複詞和成語23,200餘條。字頭漢語拼音、粵語注音和粵語直音字兼備,詞目附漢語拼音。詞典還適量收錄方言字,反映中國不同地區的語言運用情況。比較第一版,詞目數量大幅增加一倍以上;更多地加插新詞新義,尤其重視信息、財經、環保、科技等領域的新詞語,反映實際的社會變化。部分條目列舉同義詞和反義詞,深化使用者對詞目的理解,同事擴充詞彙量。

新增200個語文學習框,辨析含義、用法相近詞語的異同,對同一概念的多樣表達方式,豐富使用者的語文知識。加插與中華文化相關的主題組圖,把文字解釋圖像化,一目瞭然。

《商務新詞典》,是在紙質圖書的基礎上,專門開發的辭典手機應用程式,既包含紙本書的字頭、詞目、普粵拼音、部首、釋義、例句、語文知識等全部內容,更添加漢字筆順動畫、普粵發音功能,擴充了多項電子信息,提升詞典的查詢功能,提供全新的詞典使用體驗,助讀者更方便地學習理解漢語知識。

「商務新詞典」APP功能一覽表

• 海量字詞條,速查速學

直接輸入字詞,或按拼音/筆畫索引搜尋,或用攝像鏡頭識別字詞,隨時隨地方便搜尋學習字詞

• 普粵發音聆聽

所有字頭標註普粵發音,幫助糾正易錯難讀字詞發音

• 漢字筆順動畫

提供漢字筆順動畫,跟隨動畫學習書寫漢字

• 加入字詞至個人收藏庫

隨時添加字詞至收藏,方便溫故而知新

• 每日一詞,天天學習

隨機顯示每日一詞,方便學習積累漢語字詞知識