Chinese-Forums

在你看来,本线上论坛的“中文桌”分论坛何故活动这么少?有谁欲与我“复兴”本分论坛吗?

骏马的丕沿?

与其问以上问题,不如问,“大多数用户为什么不愿意到这里多多练习中文”。就是说,本网站域名就不是“chinese-forums”呢?难道大家还没有发现,学习练习汉语和中华文化的最好办法,就以汉语为基础吗?

另外,我最近在找伙伴愿意和我一起用普通话聊天。要不咱们到微信上建立群聊吧?

3 minutes ago, feihong said:

能让你练习中文的平台好多啊。这个论坛很有用,但缺乏娱乐性。我建议你上Clubhouse吧。你可以和很多人聊天,你也可以听别人聊天。

嗯……其实我觉得知乎真不错。好可惜外国人没有办法去那边发文(我已经试过哈)。

这是我第一次听说Clubhouse。我已经安装了,看起来很有意思。请问你有Clubhouse账号吗?你能不能帮我进入Clubhouse里面的群聊?谢谢!

Lol, wrong forum ?.

I mean, you can keep trying engaging with our community in your way but I don't think you'll get very far - although I must confess that this is one of those cases where I believe I am right, but I hope I am wrong. For the time being you'll have better luck at places like Tieba, China_irl and the like.

Roddy already answered why Chinese is not the main language used at chinese-forums - and he's speaking from experience. Just to elaborate a bit further: active users here either have a really high-level of Chinese or are just starting. Those at the top don't really come here to "learn Chinese" (aside from classical literature and whatnot), while those at the bottom won't be able to follow-up with the kind of posts you are looking for. Certainly there's also those in the middle ground but they'll probably feel to shy to engage with you or, if they do, won't be able to give you what you are looking for. On top of that, the emphasis here is to discuss China as a whole, not only its languages.

I understand your frustration but this place is not broken, so the need for change is subjective. Personally, i don't mind seeing posts like this but I mostly come here to keep in touch with China and to get scolded by Roddy occasionally. It's my kink. I mostly enjoy posts about food, seals that need translation, random silly questions, bold tattoos and whatnot... The kind where an actual, long-winded use of Chinese is not really required. I have my own tools for that purpose and the forums are not one of them.

Either way, feel free to keep at it - just don't expect too much.

• Like 3

Haha, thanks for your reply. Actually, I was already pretty aware of most of the things that you said. I'm just not used to this kind of environment - that's all. For some reason, I've always liked challenging myself to the utmost when it comes to Chinese, and I've been like that for a long time. (and, at least in the past, challenging myself in Chinese obviously includes not using any English) But that's just me.

As a matter of fact, I specifically came to this Chinese Corner forum for the purpose of talking about Chinese only in Chinese, but I didn't know it had so few users! Oh well. Maybe it's best to post only in English.

1 hour ago, 骏马的丕沿? said:

这是我第一次听说Clubhouse。我已经安装了,看起来很有意思。请问你有Clubhouse账号吗?你能不能帮我进入Clubhouse里面的群聊?谢谢!

I think if you give the Clubhouse app access to your contacts, it gives you some idea of which of your friends are already on the app? Sorry I can’t help you, but since Clubhouse is still growing pretty fast, you’ll be able to get in before too long. I remember that there was also a way to get on the waiting list without receiving an invite, but not sure how it works.

• Like 1

实际上这里也有一大堆人母语既不是汉语,也不是英语。Chinese Forums一直比较吸引我的地方就是大家互相尊重的程度比较高,至少和网上其他平台相比,气氛一向和谐理智。这20年来版主的工作的确做得很不错 ?

我在这里相对比较活跃的时候应该在2004年前吧,可想而知那时候连iPhone还没有发明出来,Google都没有上市,腾讯的市值20亿港币我们都嫌贵。此论坛能维持到现在是很不容易的。虽然严格从语言学的角度讲,我在这里学得英语可能比汉语还要多一些,但大家的陪伴仍然是对我当年一个人在北京混日子的重要精神支柱。

• Like 4

Remember that 'Chinese' in English doesn't simply refer to the language, but all things related to China, so you might be misunderstanding the name Chinese-forums. I know there's a lot of people that use the forums for non language learning purposes, eg:

visa advice

legal advice

study abroad

translation

friends

I don't post in Chinese because I have wechat for that, and know that most learners here have far better ways to immerse themselves in Chinese than chatting with non native speakers.

either way, always great to have people with high level Chinese ability around, don't be put off, your advice and experience is very welcome here

• Like 1

Thanks for your input, Tomsima, and I understand! The forum as a whole is great for all kinds of Chinese-related topics.

But I was under the impression that “Chinese Corner” was originally meant to be in Chinese only? Maybe I’m wrong!