Chinese-Forums

Kanji tattoo meaning?

Thatguydave

Can't make much sense of that, first pic seems to be 導備出 and the second 常捆思 though not sure about the 捆. Nothing much showed up on a search apart from this Weibo account using the second three characters as a name: https://weibo.com/p/1005055110034579/home?is_all=1 Suppose it could be interpreted as "head always in a spin/bind" or something like that.

Seems ol' Dave changed the title to include the word 'kanji'...  Does that mean he feels that these two items are Japanese rather than Chinese?

If so, I'm afraid that gambit came up empty. My Japanese wife, in addition to a good education, holds a number of accredations in kanji reading and writing rankings recognized as good for those having high level official responsibilities or positions as radio or TV announcers. When you first go out into the real world to work, it's common to take these courses and the accompanying tests to build up the back story to your resume. She not only didn't recognize either of the pair as Japanese, but was a bit miffed that I was trying to put something over on her by slipping in some Chinese and calling it Japanese.

So back on the Chinese side of the ledger, I thought maybe the second two characters in the second item might be 相思 (lovesick?), and thus 常相思 is supposed to mean 'always love sick' or 'unlucky in love'... Tattoo artists aren't known for actually having the mastery of oriental languages they often claim to have.

I haven't been able to apply the same fanciful linguistic contortions to the first set, but I'm workin' on it...

Just my two kopecks...

TBZ

I'm ready to give up. In spite of the fact that the first item doesn't yield any reasonable meanings as a whole, at least in response to my efforts, various fanciful combinations don't seem to give any joy either.

Lead, conduct, etc., for the first character, and two separate groups of meanings for the second (1. supply, preparation, etc., and 2. exhaustion, fatigue, etc.,) are all that I could come up with. But none produce any creditable (or even fanciful) combinations like those for the second tattoo. Nothing that a non-Chinese speaking, but conscientious tattoo artist might cobble together to satisfy a customer seeking to display the wisdom of the Orient on his or her body, visible to others or not.

And it seems the OP has abandoned us completely. So I'm going back to my previous standpoint of condescending disapproval, and drop out of this attempt to help. Apologies for my unsuccessful attempts.

Thanks for watching...

TBZ