Chinese-Forums

CGS 2021

Roman Zadorozhnyi

Hi. I applied for CGS(type A) through local Ministry of education and on 9th of march I received an email that I have been nominated by my ministry of education and they sent my documents to the Chinese Embassy in Ukraine( I am Ukrainian). On the CGS application site application status has changed from Submitted into In progress. What does it mean? And what steps should I do next? 

Thank you Thatie. I see that u have applied as well. I applied for Bachelor in Business English but I dont know Chinese at all. Maybe they give me a preparatory year and I want you to ask is it difficult to study in Chinese? I am on the third year now in Ukraine and actually China was my second choice because I also applied in Hungary but our ministry of education has not nominated me. And now I am in two minds I can  try to apply in the next year for Master  in Hungary and China. Moreover Master Degree in China is in English or maybe I will get a nomination in Hungary in the next year. I do not know what to do maybe you can give me advice?

Hello Roman. It’s not impossible to learn Chinese from scratch within a year up to the level required for you to start your major (which is most likely Hsk 5)... but it will be very very difficult & exhausting. I was very reluctant to pick a Chinese taught class because it’s honestly going to be an ordeal but I also hope I’m given a preparatory class. 

Hopefully they do pick you for the English course. If they don’t & you still want to go to China, you can use a year’s time to start learning Chinese at your country’s Confucius Institute & prepare applying again for the scholarship the next year. 

Did you write any English exams that you submitted with your application materials? 

P.s Don't worry, if they don’t pick you, you can always try again the following year. It’s not my first time applying for this scholarship, so don’t stress over possibilities of not getting picked. 

• Like 1

Hello Thatie. Yeah I completely understand that Chinese probably the hardest language for learning but when I applied I had decided that majority of subjects will be in English because it is Business English. 

If it is possible to give me English course it would be just brilliant but I am in doubts whether it is possible because on csg site for Bachelor choice only Chinese is available like preferred language. 

Yes, I have IELTS Academic certificate  Band 6.5.

I am on the third year now in the next summer I will get a Bachelor diploma in Ukraine and maybe i will manage to apply for a Master degree in China. Moreover, a lot of Master programs in China are offered in English.

Btw,  application process in Ukraine begins on 14th of December and ends on 5th of February. During  this time I have to  send my documents to local ministry of education and wait for nomination. Only if they nominate me they send documents to Chinese embassy and problem is that I will recieve Bachelor diploma in June  and I do not know whether it is possible to upload my Bachelor diploma later when I get it in summer...

Thank you for your answer Thatie. 

• Like 1