Chinese-Forums

pocket pc (windows mobile 2003) input

sfr@rcn.com

I apologize because this has probably been discussed elsewhere and I just didn't use the right search terms.

I need a Chinese input system for, at least, Windows Mobile 2003 SE and maybe even WM 2005. I used Mobem's CE-Star for years, but since the Website appears to be totally dead and the product hasn't been updated for about 2 years, I'm worried about installing it again. My other concern is that whatever IME I use works with PlecoDict for PPC. Anyone have any recommendations or know of a site that contains knowledgable reviews of the various available systems?

Thanks,

Sandra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

Don't worry ... Plecodict works without any input method ... It provides its own.

As for Monster Chinese. Only Monster Chinese > 5 can be used with WM 5 and the keys from MC < 5 is not so easily transferable. I am curently checking with Mactiontech if it is possible to transfer the key for a fee from older versions to new once ...

furthrer note: MC 5 just came out and rumours say that it is not very stable ...

regards

Daniel