Chinese-Forums

Help me find out title of this Chinese sad romance movie around 2011/2012

Margie

• New Members

Hello All,

Need your help to find out the title of this movie ( i watched it around 2011 or 2012 )

story is about a young girl whose mother left her ( there was Leslie Cheung’s song played using gramophone), then the girl and her father try to stop her on the street but her father then run over by a car and die.

this young girl then was taken to live with her uncle and aunt family who has 1 son ( younger than this girl ).. but uncle and aunt has problem with their marriage and soon divorced and live separately.. this girl stay with her uncle family ( uncle marry another young woman and has a daughter with her )

During her stay with her uncle she met a young boy ( same age with her) and likes him a lot.

few years later , they are going to the same top high school.and finally going out as a couple and the love story are not smooth , and a lot of dramas, they have to going through LDR due to going to different college in different town and there was SARS pandemic 

i forgot the story a little bit in this section, but they finally met and then separated again ( I only remember the boyfriend was imprisoned , i forgot the reason why )

and then her uncle’s son also imprisoned because he accidentally cut his half sister’s palm with scissors ( btw his half sister is very good at playing piano)

then her uncle’s son and her boyfriend met at the same prison , but something bad happened , her uncle’s son died struck by stuffs falling from cupboard or something trying to protect her boyfriend .

then after few years and her boyfriend got out of prison finally they met again.story end

If anybody can help me with the title , I’ve been searching for this movie for almost 10 years and I want to rewatch it again

Thank you so much,

It's on youtube, I found it, but the screen is quite fuzzy and hard to read the subtitles.

On a different youtube channel, I found this interview with the cast, which if also learning Japanese it worth a watch! It's a great listening practice as all the actors speak very clearly. And short dialogues.

Must be a translation nightmare, as all in Chinese Japanese and English. 

https://youtu.be/OjWBCVrLyu4

• Helpful 1