Chinese-Forums

Trying to find this app for CSL learners

cfinquirer

• New Members

I wasn't sure where I should post this, since I'm relatively new to these forums.

Hello all. I'm at about an advanced beginning level in my Chinese learning, somewhere around HSK1. I was recently chatting online with a Chinese friend who told me about the above app. I think it's geared towards Chinese ESL learners; because I have not been able to track it down on the Google Play store, Google's search engine, or anywhere else online that I can think of. I'm not sure if it's available exclusively for Apple devices, because I don't come in contact with their stuff enough to know, but I've heard that some Apple apps can be installed on Android OS's. I'm hoping that that doesn't turn out to be the only option, because I don't plan on rooting my device or jumping through any major hoops just for a one app.

I have gotten some related search results on Wechat, but I cannot read enough of the results to know what I'm looking at because my skills aren't that good yet.

AFAIK, it might be a really useful app, because the person who introduced me to it is a native mainlander who uses it frequently to translate from Chinese to English.

So... I had the thought that I might see if I can use it to get a better understanding of Chinese word order & grammar. I was also thinking that its Chinese sentences might be a bit more idiomatic than fanyiDOTbaiduDOTcom. I'm not sure but I'm thinking that baidu's app version probably produces the same sentences as its online machine translator; if it's using the same set  of resources (dictionaries, conversations, etc). Although I highly regard baidu's translations, as far as machine translations are reliable, I'm supposing that the above app might be a tad bit better in its Chinese grammar & what's more colloquial.

Here's how I intend to use it sometimes (if it pans out), when learning about a new grammar topic.

First, I'll research the grammar for something that I'm curious about (的, 地, 得, 了1, 了2, 过, etc). Then after checking out a few sources to see if they are all in agreement with eachother (probably starting with the Chinese grammar wiki - a huge thanks to its creators), I'd use the above app (英语流利说...) to generate my own hand-crafted example sentences, by typing in my own Chinese sentences & seeing if its translations are inline with my predictions of what the sentence should translate to. If we're both consistently in agreement with one another, then I might be learning the study point, but if I'm consistently off from what the app says it should translate to, then I'd better keep studying it until I know it better.

It would almost be akin to bouncing my ideas off of a Chinese language exchange partner. But, the Chinese communities near me are much smaller than in metropolitan areas, and I haven't found a language exchange partner yet. Thus, an accurrate enough machine translator will have to suffice for now.

So, if anyone knows of a web link where the above app in the picture can be downloaded, I'd sure appreciate it. All I have to go on is the picture above, and the Chinese text within the picture. I got it with an image/text reader. It says

[ 英语流利说-让你忍不

住开口说英语 ]

非常感谢

Capture+_2021-04-01-23-19-09.png

maybe i missed something but you didn't really describe the app other than saying it's for chinese second language learners. there are a lot of those. off the top of my head, duolingo, lingodeer, chineseSkill, hello chinese... to name a few. all for android. check out some of those

edit: just saw your image at the bottom for 英语流利说-让你忍不住开口说英语 seems to be this https://xiazai.zol.com.cn/detail/44/434888.shtml for windows and i think this one is the android version https://soft.shouji.com.cn/down/26386.html