Chinese-Forums

Purchasing things from outside of China for someone in Shanghai

woliveri

Is this possible and if so, how?   I have my mother in law in Shanghai and we’d like to buy something for her (flowers, gifts, whatever) from Shanghai and have it delivered but to pay for it from the US.   Is this possible?  We haven’t found a way so I thought someone here might know of a way. 

thanks in advance.  

epermarket.com are based in Shanghai (although they're all over China now) and you can "top up" your account balance using PayPal.

I use them to get weekly groceries delivered here in Hangzhou, and the quality is good. They speak English and French as well as Chinese. 

Gifts section:

https://www.epermarket.com/category?ProductCataID=0&isType=false&isFromType=false&isShowSelect=1&WebFunctionID=871 

• Like 1

If you can register your card at the page you're ordering from OR with WePay you should be all good. We've used JD.com to order stuff (groceries mostly) to my mother-in-law quite a few times. Most recently a couple weeks ago. Pay with WePay, with a Norwegian Mastercard. Set it up two or three years ago, no idea if the process is the same today.

Very useful information, thanks. It's good to see PayPal slowly becoming accepted in China, it makes life a lot easier. I use PayPal to buy books from Douban and Purple Culture, among others, and haven't had any problem. The payments seem to go through to the merchants straight away.

• Like 1