Chinese-Forums

CSC 2021 Language Program Question/Advice

mangbro

• New Members

hi all,

i'm writing because i'm in a bit of a pickle and worried the specificity of my application.

situation: i applied to the chinese embassy in my country as a type A general scholarship to study chinese language in mid march. i am interested in eventually studying traditional chinese medicine (TCM), and there were several TCM universities in china that appeared as though they offered CGS for chinese language programs at their schools (based off their websites, which were not great quality). so, in my study plan, i put that i wanted to study at those TCM universities for chinese language because of their focus on training for TCM education in the future. however, after submitting, i've been emailing the universities for letters of pre-admission, and they all say that even though their website suggests they offer CGS for the language programs, they actually only offer CGS for masters and phd students! in addition, the school preferences i put in the CSC online application do not match the TCM universities, because i assumed the system wasn't showing all the schools available, and also assumed that if i could get a letter of pre-admission from one of the TCM universities, it would be fine. so, i put other schools in my ranked preference list as placeholders (although they are all good language schools that i would still want to be considered for).

now that i know the TCM unversities in my study plan do not offer CGS for their language programs, i'm struggling to figure out how to move forward:

1) should i withdraw my application and to resubmit a study plan with updated schools that offer CGS for chinese language (and also match what is in my online portal) and updated reasons for why i want to be admitted to those schools?

2) should i contact my contact at the consulate in my country about this?

3) should i just do nothing and cross my fingers that the CGS can still find a good match for me?

i'm really hoping to study in china, and only focused on TCM universities because i thought they were available and fit my education needs well. in reality, i would be happy with studying chinese language at any university, even if it's not specifically focused on training for TCM education. i really don't want to be disqualified because of this, and would appreciate to hear anyone's thoughts and advice.

thanks in advance!