Chinese-Forums

Help me find name of the movie

BFoley

• New Members

I have saw this movie long ago, so i can't remember the name anymore.

1. I've saw it around 2005-2008, and it a color film.
  2. The movie is about a meeting between father and son (around 12yo) after years apart because of the father's work (the father is some kind of engineer or scientist). But the distance is too great, they decide to meet halfway in a city for a few days. First, it not go so smooth because the father left too long, they almost can't remember each other face and so they like two stranger in one room together. But later on, they start bond together until the father reveal the twist near the end: he is not the real father. The real father had die from an accident, so that why he hadn't been home already; but because the co-workers don't want to upset the son, they hired him to try to act like the real father to the son so he don't feel like his father had abandoned him. Then the son also reveal he not the real son, the real son also had been death from illness or accident too, and the villagers don't want the father upset lead to ruin the work he doing so they choose the boy acting as his son with the hope that after so many years, the father won't remember his son's face. The movie end soon after but i can't seem to recall what happened.

Really hope someone here can help me with this!