Chinese-Forums

2021 CGS Scholarship

BEApplicant

Good day all.

I noticed this forum is silent on 2021 CGS, does this mean people didn't apply?

Well as for me I applied for Type A through the Ministry of Education in my country, thereafter applied to my first choice institution. My application status on school platform shows "admitted" while CSC shows "in progress". Please what are my chances. Contributions are welcome from both old and current scholars.

Please let's make this thread lively and informative as this waiting period is frustrating.

Hey there - I also applied. I got a referral from my local government to the Chinese government and a pre-admission letter from my first pick university and submitted it. The Chinese consul I spoke to in my home country told me I would hear back in May or June. My gut feeling is that probably less people applied this year, but I have no idea if it's actually the case. 

Hello! I also applied for Type A through the Chinese Embassy and my application status on CSC reads 'In Progress'. What is the latest we can expect for someone to get back to us ? Do we get informed by the Chinese Embassy or the University? 

20 hours ago, China2021 said:

Hi! My application status for Type A CSC application also states "in progress".  I was told that I'd get the results of my interview in July and not June. I'm just praying for the best at this point. Good luck to you all!

Please when did you do the interview? I wasn't invited for any. Is that the end of road for me?

5 hours ago, BEApplicant said:

Please when did you do the interview?

I did my interview in March. I received an email from my embassy that I was shortlisted. I'm not quite sure how different the rules are in your country so I can't say if it's the end of the road for you. 

Roman Zadorozhnyi

Hi BeApplicant,

I am also applying this year and I also have in progress status. Approximately at the beginning of March I got a letter from local Ministry of Education that I have been nominated and my documents have been sent to the Chinese side. Also they wrote me : "The approximate deadline for receiving the results of the review from the Chinese side is June-July 2021. You will be informed about the receipt of a positive decision and the corresponding personal invitation by e-mail."   

Actually, before submitting to my Ministry of Education I have not seen any information about interview like there was described the whole process and there was no any word about interview. I think if you status has changed it is already a good sign. I do believe that it is not  the end of your road. Good luck.

Did anyone apply Type B scholarship through a chinese university? I first applied through the school and got pre-admission. On the application they ask if you want to apply the scholarship through their school, and I checked yes. Did anyone do anything after that? SJTU said I just need to wait for the formal admission letter after late june, but tsinghua said they send it late july/august. I also don't know if I should get the foreigner physical examination form since they didn't ask for it.

Also, anyone know when they are buying their plane ticket? Idk when the formal admission comes out, but you can only apply for a visa when they give you a formal acceptance number.

On 5/10/2021 at 8:00 AM, jmkz said:

I also don't know if I should get the foreigner physical examination form since they didn't ask for it.

Also, anyone know when they are buying their plane ticket? Idk when the formal admission comes out, but you can only apply for a visa when they give you a formal acceptance number.

I think you should get the foreigner physical examination from ready as it is very key for admission in a Chinese university.

On visa and buying plane ticket I think China is still closed for foreign students due to the pandemic issue. Most likely online classes may suffice for 2021 as is the case for 2020 session.

• Helpful 1

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi guys!

When is it likely for the CSC outcome to be known? This is indeed a waiting period.

Secondly, what's the probability of flying to China come this Autumn semester?

Good luck to us all!!!

• 1 month later...