Chinese-Forums

China Southern song

suMMit

China Southern sometimes plays that lousy Kenny G song upon landing, but often they play a quite catchy Mandarin song. It's always the same one. I was going to ask the flight attendant the other day as I was getting off the plane, but it was too busy and a bunch of stuff with me. Sorry, I don't know a single lyric. Anyone know the name of this song?

On a related note, does the Shazam phone app ever work in China? 

It never does for me, whereas I've used it regularly for the last 10 years at least around the world, and it almost always comes up with something.

Canada is not in America? ?

Just kidding, I know many people use it that way, in my country it's ok to call a Canadian, Mexican and Brasilian American, since they're from the continent America. 

• Like 1

Wechat -> Discover -> Shake -> Music -> shake your phone (I don't know why you need to do this instead of just pressing a button).  Does a pretty good job of identifying songs, particularly if they're Chinese.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

5 hours ago, vellocet said:

Wechat -> Discover -> Shake -> Music -> shake your phone

Which version of WeChat is this?  If I go to the Shake page the only options I see are People (who are also shaking their phone somewhere) and TV.

@anonymoose 梦里水乡 That is definitely a classic CS song, they play it on every flight. Glad to know it's name and listened to some different, non-muzak versions. 

Another of their classics is apparently called 茉莉花. Also they regularly play a song called "Moonglow" by a Swiss band named Bandari. 

The song I'm looking for though is a wildcard, they play it sometimes, it has male vocals and is more of a pop song. 

The Kenny g song is called Going Home and is apparently a classic Chinese "we're closing" song https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/china-embraces-kenny-gs-going-home-as-its-anthem-to-go-home-250282/

I must say I'm not a Kenny G fan, but sorry if my comment was offensive. 

@mungouk I just checked, my wechat has Music under the Shake function as well 

15 hours ago, suMMit said:

The Kenny g song is called Going Home and is apparently a classic Chinese "we're closing" song https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/china-embraces-kenny-gs-going-home-as-its-anthem-to-go-home-250282/

The sax player said that he doesn’t question why the song is so popular, but he does know where to put it in his set list when he performs in the country. “I save it for last because I don’t want everyone going home early,” he said.

This made me laugh out loud ? I don't have any opinion on Kenny G or his music, but I love what this song is as a cultural phenomenon.

3 minutes ago, anonymoose said:

缘分天空?

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!

How?! How did you find it? Now I'm going to be listing to this for days on end!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anonymoose said:

This website is great for searching for things like this.

嗯,挖苦

Yeah, well obv I tried searching every combination of China Southern, song, etc and came up with only the main few, not this one.