Chinese-Forums

Can someone please translate this quote into Chinese symbols for me please :)

Rebeccarobxxx

Chinese characters aren't "symbols", except in the very loose sense that "ABC" are also symbols. They're a full-fledged script.

Anyway, here's an idiomatic translation:

行善之人,總有善緣

If you're planning to get a tattoo, you really want to find a tattoo artist who knows something about Chinese calligraphy, otherwise you're likely to end up with an ugly font (best case) or completely illegible writing (worst case).

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I feel like I've also heard 好事有好报, every good deed has its reward.  Makes me wonder what the Chinese equivalent of the more cynical "no good deed goes unpunished" might be...

5 hours ago, Xiao Kui said:

Makes me wonder what the Chinese equivalent of the more cynical "no good deed goes unpunished" might be...

I asked a native and they said 好心没好报. The translation given in Pleco is "get no thanks for one's good intentions".

On 5/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, Demonic_Duck said:

行善之人,總有善緣

They also said this is their favourite of the translations given for hanging on your wall at home. If it's for a tattoo on your arm it's too long, so go with 善有善报.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1