Chinese-Forums

Chinese Learning Videos for beginners

Vincent Yu

(Alert! You may think this as an ad but sincerely it's not, just want to hear voice from Chinese learners, and btw, it's 100% free and no ads)

Hey guys I'm Vincent and work at a startup focusing on Chinese learning.

We just released an app called "Deer Chinese", the main feature is to guide users learn Chinese through our cartoon videos. Videos include multiple topics such as daily life, food, transportation and so on. And we are thinking about to consistently upload new videos based on needs. 

If possible, we really want to have more suggestions and opinions from users (We are a tiny startup and don't have the ability to promote/advertise like Netease or Bytedance)

Also we are wondering if these videos are more suitable for kids to learn Chinese from scratch.

1902235687_Deerscreenshot.thumb.png.d7bedaba54606ab15ba6fc59e037227b.png

Until now we got some feedback from users such as "The length of each video is long", "Good to shadow along with the video", "Some videos are too difficult" and so on

Would be more than happy to hear your thoughts :)

Also if you have any questions regarding Chinese learning or life in China, will be glad to help!

Hey guys thanks for responding. 

For the name "Deer Chinese", we use Deer as app icon since deer represents kindness, grace and many good stuff. 

I didn't attach the link of the app before, sorry for that. If interested, please download through this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deer.cc (Android) 

For video links, sorry for now we haven't posted on any social media platforms and forum restricts the size of attachment.

Hope to hear opinions from you all and 祝您生活愉快

21 minutes ago, Vincent Yu said:

For the name "Deer Chinese", we use Deer as app icon since deer represents kindness, grace and many good stuff.

Apologies for the flippant post I put up before. I suspect you want 'Dear' instead of 'Deer'. Deer is an animal, as shown in Nanjing's post above.

Haha, just clicked on the link and looks like I did get the wrong end of the stick.

Just downloaded the app but can't access the videos without giving a heap of personal information away....which I'm not keen to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Singe said:

Just downloaded the app but can't access the videos without giving a heap of personal information away....which I'm not keen to do.

I was going to try it, but after installing the app i can't do anything until i create an account, and I need to give my facebook, apple ID, or phone number for that.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:07 AM, Vincent Yu said:

it's 100% free and no ads

Free in terms of money...

"Require Customers to Create an Account – If You Want Conversion Rates to Drop"

https://www.cleverbridge.com/corporate/requiring-account-creation-before-buying/

Maybe give at least 1 video that can be accessed without creating an account so you know what you're working towards before jumping the hoops and providing personal information.

13 hours ago, NanJingDongLu said:

Maybe give at least 1 video that can be accessed without creating an account so you know what you're working towards before jumping the hoops and providing personal information.

Good evening NanJingDongLu, thanks for your kind advice! That's actually a feasible way:) Will definitely try out

• Like 1