Chinese-Forums

Which US sim card company will work in China?

Pengyou

I want to get a sim card from the US that allows for international roaming.  I think my xiao mi has a gsm system, and will accept two sim cards.  Is it going to work?  I have heard that Chinese international airports sell US sim cards.  Is that true?

• Good question! 1

Good question. A colleague of mine from Canada had some type of global roaming  that worked in China (3 years ago). He could literally upload pictures he took standing on the Great Wall to his Facebook. I think he said it was a special Apple deal that allows for global roaming (but do not quote me on that). Since I am an Android user did not follow up on this. 

• Like 1

You may want to call your carrier and check if their international roaming works in China.

However, things are super fluid in China, and what worked today, many not work tomorrow.

FYI, the last time I went to China in 2019, getting a legit sim card in China was fairly difficult, unless you are in an airport or university.

I ended up getting one from a shady store in a subway pedestrian tunnel for an inflated price (about double the legit price)

• Like 1