Chinese-Forums

iOS audio app for language learning?

wibr

Recently I started looking for an app that I can use on iOS to play audio files from textbook CDs, Glossika etc.

My requirements:

• mandatory
    • separate folder to store the files, I don't want to have to go through the music library since it just doesn't work well for random audio files (could also just be my personal preference, I've never liked itunes)
    • some extended play controls, at least a button to jump a few seconds backwards
  • nice to have
    • audio bookmarks
    • speed adjustment
    • AB repeat
  • unrealistic
    • internal recording functionality, ideally I could record myself while playing audio

The audio apps for language learning (LangPlayer, LinguaMate, AB Player, ...) unfortunately always use the music library. Music players which support formats like FLAC have to provide other ways how to get music on the device so I started looking at those. In the end I think jetAudio works pretty well, it also has AB repeat and you can change the speed, no bookmarks though. Any other suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1