Chinese-Forums

Pleco Errors

david387

I'm always excited when I find an error on Pleco. I have a lot of respect for this app and I have learned so much using it. But it's pretty neat to find a mistake and give them a correction. Here is my submission today and I hope that I am correct here.

标识 There are two pronunciations for this word, and you seem to be missing the verb biāo shí which means mark or identify.

The KEY Chinese-English dictionary has the reading and meaning that OP brought up. Probably a lot rarer than biao1 zhi4, which is listed in 7 of the dictionaries I have. I wouldn't classify this as an "error" though... the stock Pleco dictionary presumably isn't meant to be as extensive as the paid dictionaries available in the app.

On the topic though, here's my submission. How does one read the character "" ? :mrgreen:

Screenshot_20210702-171236.thumb.png.3d770ad9f62d770c7caa782f0bc5fc6c.png

• Like 1

"印度有本事自己去发展空间站去".... Now I'm picturing a commercial with suited-up astronauts scanning the space station with their mobile phones. Tagline: Pleco 4.0, cheaper than your own space program